Winter tire size for 17s

• Sponsors (?)

You will barely be able to fit a 245 on a 9 in. rim. So definitely a no on the 215..... What sizes are you running right now? It would be fairly easy to guess your rim size by knowing that. That is it you aren't able to just measure the rim by itself....

Mossberg said:
I was just messin with you, hence the smilie. I am planning to order some Saleens soon though. Be careful not to wreck the Stang in the snow. You are more brave than I am. :nice:

Yeah, no s*#$! I have a similar setup (9" front, 10.5" back) and let me tell you what my winter tires are: a '94 Beretta that I paid about $850 for. I figure I could wrap that thing around a snow covered telephone pole, take the tags off, and walk away. Sweet. :nice:

comatose said:
Yeah, no s*#$! I have a similar setup (9" front, 10.5" back) and let me tell you what my winter tires are: a '94 Beretta that I paid about $850 for. I figure I could wrap that thing around a snow covered telephone pole, take the tags off, and walk away. Sweet. :nice:
Yep, we call that a "throwaway" around these parts! :rlaugh:

i drive my stang in the snow too...my tires worked real well in indiana this year but you already have yours chosen, but i didnt think my stang handled that bad in the snow? i guess i was being a grandma all winter long

AmBo said:
Will be looking into winter tires soon (1-2 months away! :bang: ) I'm going to be using my 17" chrome bullitts as my winter POSs. I am going to be buying Blizzaks, but which size?! There are so many! http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Bridgestone&model=Blizzak+WS-50

Do I want 215/45 or 245/45? :shrug:

speaking from experience tire rack will only sell snow tires in a set of 4, and only 4 of the same size that your car originally came with. I ran into this problem with them, liability reasons on their part. Just an FYI,