wiper problem

cobra11182

Founding Member
Oct 19, 2000
Baltimore, MD
I have a 90' GT, and the wipers only work on high. I reaplaced the wiper motor, and the multifunctional switch on the steering column, and they still only come on on high, and when you shut them off, they just stay wherever they were? Please help me out, this is driving me crazy

• Sponsors (?)

LOL!!!! (not laughing at you) i have the same problem did the same thing as you bought new wiper motor and steering colom switch (because it was fouling my headlight) still only works on high goes in and out too and never returns to rest.checked to make sure it had a good ground everything checks out next thing i might check is to make sure the bearing's on the wiper arms arnt gone. Let me know if you find anything we are both in the same boat here.

cobra11182 said:
I have a 90' GT, and the wipers only work on high. I reaplaced the wiper motor, and the multifunctional switch on the steering column, and they still only come on on high, and when you shut them off, they just stay wherever they were? Please help me out, this is driving me crazy

Multifunction switches from 87-89 stangs won't work properly in 90 or later models. What year car is you new switch from?

:shrug: I've been an auto tech for almost 20 years and have never come across this problem on a Mustang. Do your wipers have the intermittent feature. If so, you could have a bad wiper delay module that will be located somewhere under the dash. Also check your grounds. Hope this helps.

it does have the intermitent feeature. Where would this module be, and what grounds should I check. The wipers dont just not work on intermitent though, they also dont work on low speed. And they stop wherever they are. thanks