Wiper problems.. Multi-Function or Control box?

sixt9coug

Sep 30, 2009
Norwalk SoCal
Well guys I have had issues with my wipers basically since I've owned the car. I swapped out the Multi-function switch a while back and didn't really get much of a change in how they operate so I thought I would try and ask.

What they USED to do was when I would turn on the wiper to any of the intermittent modes, I would get one swipe, then it was basically a coin toss if they would work again. On the normal low/high speed modes they would work fine.

Well, NOW, they don't work on any of the intermittent modes at all, and when I put on the low speed (I) mode, they don't do anything either. On the high speed (II) mode, they will swipe once, then not do anything. However, sometimes, when I kind of tap the switch, they will swipe again. Sometimes I will also get a BZZZT BZZZZZT sound coming from the dash around the defroster switch when it swipes.

Now, my understanding is that the intermittent control box is somewhere under the dash. Anyone got an explanation of exactly where, or how to get to it easiest? Also, does this sound like it's the MFS or the control box? I have another MFS I got out of the junkyard as a spare a while back (don't know if it works or not) but I don't have one of the control boxes, so if I need to go snag one, it would be nice to know where to look.

• Sponsors (?)