Wipers run the wrong way

rc4mike

Oct 10, 2006
OK, so i try to install my wipers on my 65 vert. The new motor stops the wipers in the vertical position rather than horizontal. Oviously the stop is in the wrong location. Any ideas?

thanks
mike

• Sponsors (?)

If I understand you right the wipers are not going in the wrong direction but stopping in the wrong position, Is that right? I'm trying to remember the setup but it sounds like the arm coming off the motor is positioned wrong. Leave the motor in the position where it stopped then remove the arm (at the motors shaft) then move your whole wiper assembly to the down position and reinstall. I think this will work. I'll do a little research to see if I'm visualizing this right though.

When i replaced the motor a few months ago i just pulled the old one down and bolted in the new. The new one turns the correct direction, just stops with the wipers pointing up rather than to the side. Of course i did not check the direction before installing the wiper blades...they nearly ripped across my freshly painted hood!

I figure i either have the "stop" wire on the wrong terminal or somehow the arms in the dash got out of sink when i replaced the motor.

mike

well it turns out that when i attached the arms to the new motor the arm was 180 deg. off. I moved the arm today and now they work just fine. Thanks fo the help.
mike