Wiring for dimming

wyteelx

Founding Member
Apr 17, 2000
Ohio
I got a gauge face that changes from blue to green and my gauges i want to wire them so they dim. i dont know which wire is the power where the connection is and i dont have a battery right now to find it. any one know the right wire? i never learned how to read wiring but it looks like its the blue w red stripe on it. where should i put the fuse for the stuff coming off of my power? i heard inline fuse the gauges w a 1 - 3 fuse. should i put it before the wire for the face plate or will the face plate dim on its own from the back light? could i still use the power from the dimmer for the 12v for the face plate? as you can see im lost on wiring but catch on to stuff quick so let me have it. also anybody know some links for learning how to read these diagrams?

thanks alot - j -

• Sponsors (?)

Hi, This page has the info you need. Look for the plug diagram.

The Light Blue with Red stripe is the dimmer wire. If you want something to Dim connect your wire to it. You can run your inline fuse right to where you tap the wire for power.

http://www.corral.net/tech/maintenance/foglights.html

This will help more.

67565D2607A8440AB435484292763F96.jpg

cool i thought i was looking at the power wires right from a haynes but small print and no experience i had to ask. the dash and gauge lights will only come on when you actually turn on the regular light switch then, right?