Wiring Help

candphall

Jun 8, 2009
Orlando Florida
1969 mustang automatic transmission. I am trying to identify two wires coming into the engine bay from the transmission tunnel. One is green with a white stripe and the other is purple. They terminate in a square plug with two male connections. I can not find the female plug they attach two. I am thinking I am missing a harness. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Green with white stripe is for left directional signal. You sure it's not maybe green with a Yellow stripe? That would be part of the courtesy light circuit. It could have been to illuminate the console /shifter indicator?

I looked again and boy was I wrong. The wires in question are green, and purple (violet), with white stripe. The originate at the switch on the auto shifter and are bundled with the neutral safety switch wiring they terminate in the engine bay, in a 1/2 inch square blue male connector. The connector has two male connectors and the other half of the connector is blocked. I am thinking backup lights, but I can't find the female connector.