wiring in gauges

stalkercobra89

Jun 19, 2005
hey im picking up a set of 3 gauges tomarrow or the next day wondering if anyone has done an electric temp and oil pressure and an a/f they are ultra lights anyone had any issues or problems?

• Sponsors (?)

I wired mine in myself (AFR, Fuel press, boost). Not difficult. Mines an '07 GT - there's a spare wiring harness in the center console that has a switched 12v and a dimmer source depending on how you want yours to look. There's a firewall grommet that comes out under the inner fender liner (you'll have to take off the driver's side front tire and remove the liner. For the AFR, you'll have to get a bung welded into the exhaust - good idea to have the sensor end that screws into the bung mounted so that it is lower than the lead end (so that condensation will drip off) - the wire lead will also be easier to tie-back out of the way.

If you're going to the trouble of exposing the grommet, you might want to think of other wiring to pull through at the same time. Some ideas: shift light, line locks, nitrous etc.

What pod are you going with? I first went with the Autometer A-pillar then switched it out for a SOS triple A-pillar pod (way nicer IMHO).

Autometer:
APillar.jpg

SOS (with Raptor shift light):
IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

Line locks wired in at the same time as the guages:
IMG_0363.jpg

Sidewinder shift ball with line lock button:
IMG_6401.jpg

Attachments

• APillar.jpg
    APillar.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0394.jpg
    IMG_0394.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0363.jpg
    IMG_0363.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_6401.jpg
    IMG_6401.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 92
im actually going with the autometer triple in the center of the dash now you say put the a/f direct into the exhaust i thought it needed to be tapped into the 02 sensor at least thats how my 89 was thanks for the help oh and mine is not a wide band

My Autometer AFR gauge came with its own O2 sensor and bung. You just need to drill a hole in the exhaust pipe (just ahead of the cat on the driver's side) and weld in the bung. then screw in the sensor and hook up the lead that you've routed down through the engine bay.

anybody hooked up an oil pressure gauge in one of our cars? i cant seem to find anyone that has done it and ill be doing it next week sometime and i could use some help i know how to wire in the air fuel nhow and autometers website said how to do the water temp gauge in the side of the block i just need how to do oil pressure now