Wiring In Thermostat Switch To RamChargers Dual Fan?

92GreenGT

PEAT
Founding Member
Jul 18, 2002
Big Stone Gap, VA
I bought the dual ramchargers fan with the wiring harness back in the day and have used it for awhile. But I'm over having to flip a switch to turn it on, so I bought one of the thermostatic switches for it, which wire do I wire it up to the fan by? The one that runs to the switch in the cabin or what? Thanks:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Your old cabin switch can be hooked up to the wire that is supposed to go to the fan clutch on the thermo unit. Used just incase you wanna flip it. Other than that... it should have 2 pos. wires (one for each fan) a common ground, and then a wire that's spliced into an ignition source.
Edit: I don't really understand what your question is :)

Sorry for being confusing, what im saying is- The fan came with a wiring kit that used an On/Off switch that is run inside the cabin. The thermostatic switch I bought comes with some wire and the adjustable switch and all that yada yada. My question is, do I need to rewire the whole deal or can I just splice in on a certain wire off the fans supplied harness? Thanks

-Dave

Dave you should be able to wire the two (t-stat and your old fan switch) independantly. You can also switch your manual switch over to the terminal on the controller (this is a cleaner way of doing things).

The website for the fan and/or controller might have schematics for wiring up the controller.

Good luck.

How about this...

A9L_e-fan_harness.gif

Here' where for find the tech note... http://fordfuelinjection.com/files/A9L_E-Fan_How-to.pdf

You will need the Adobe Acrobat viewer which is also a free download – http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Yeah after I bought the switch I learned the computer could have done it for me, thats always nice.

Thanks for the tips guys, got the switch and alt bracket in via Fedex today. I'll try to start on the install tomorrow, I'll let ya know if I mess it up(Probably will.hehe) Thanks again.