Wiring Question, Need advice quick!

Discussion in '2.3L (N/A & Turbo) Tech' started by Slugstang, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Slugstang

Slugstang New Member

I have an 85 Mustang which I am getting ready to drop a turbo coupe motor into. The 85 is carburated so I bought an 87 Mustang donor car for the EFI wiring and interior. I will be swapping over the entire interior and all electronics from the 87 into the 85 in preparation for the turbo motor but I also have the Turbo Coupe harness for the turbo motor. I know the 87 harness can be modified to work with the turbo computer but since I have the entire dash and all apart anyway should I just use the turbo coupe harness or go ahead and use the 87 mustang harness and re-pin it? Will the turbo coupe harness even work in the mustang? Thanks

Mike
  2. 140cilx

140cilx Founding Member

I'd throw in whichever is in the best shape. They are nearly identical. If you use the TC one, you don't have any repinning or minor splicing to do - but it's really not that big of deal. Which one looks fresher?
  3. Slugstang

Slugstang New Member

There are both mint condition. Guess I'll through in the TC harness so I have no cut wires. just wanted to make sure there were no issue with using the TC harness. Thanks.