Wiring the S281 Spoiler...

I just installed my S281 (one-piece) Spolier and tried wiring up the Third Brake light...Thanks Saleen for not suppling directions....

So my question is to anyone who has down this... What do I Attach the Red wire and the black wire coming from the brake light...

Any pics would help.....

Thank you,
Nicholas

• Sponsors (?)

jeffnoel said:
Not sure about the wiring but how does that spoiler cover the holes from the factory spoiler? Did you get it from Saleen or Stage3?

You'd probably get an answer if you checked with the guys in the Saleen forums.

Stangnet Saleen Forums

Yeah it covers all the holes... granted you get the correct year spoiler...

I picked it up from Stage 3 Motorsports.... one of the only places I will actually spend my money...Bill over there is awesome...

I would assume your car had an exsisting third brake light that worked, if thats the case just extend the hot lead from that and attach it to the red lead off the new light. The black lead should be ground, make sure its grounded good.

OrangeStang04 said:
Yeah... I got it working earlier on this morning... it looks awesome...I am gonna buff the whole car this coming wednesday and I'll post some pics of the final product.
well what did you do? for future reference when someone searches all they'll find out is that you got it to work

I spliced the black wire from the "plug" to the black wire on Saleen's brake light...the red wire needs to be connected to the solid green wire...ironically I had it set-up like this and it was working all along, I just didn't know it...

jeffnoel said:
Stangless, You mean like one of the unused original GT spoiler bolt holes?

Yep. But it has wire going from the right side, to the middle and looks a little tacky. I have to go to work soon, but I can take a picture tomorrow morning.