wiring up a 5.0 motor

dadslx

Nov 11, 2006
hey folks quick question for you. im installing a 5.0 ho in my 1969 cougar i think i have it hooked up right but wanted to confirm...for starters im not running any smog equipment, no vss, and right now i only have the main harness hooked up but i wondering i few things..i ran my green connector ing wire to my solinoid along with the red/green wire from the grey body connector. i also ran the red/lt blue wire from the grey body connector to the solinoid south pole. i hooked up all my ground wires..but when i key the car up and try to start it the relay by the computer buzzs but the starter doesnt turn any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

What kind of starter do you have? There are two kinds.

Starter solenoid wiring for 86-91 Mustang
attachment.php

Starter solenoid wiring 92-93 Mustang or earlier Mustang with upgraded high torque mini starter.
attachment.php

trouble

to answer your question im using the stock unit on the 60 block..its a non mini starter...i did however find the route cause of my problem by accident no less..i touched a screw driver by mistake to the hot side of the solinoid to the s terminal and it cranked a bit then stopped again. so i replaced the solinoid and it crank right up..onlly thing let is to run my fuel lines!!!!!!