Wish me luck. Running the 8 sec Busa wed.

blackened88lx

Aug 9, 2006
Connecticut
So I've posted about this before, but the time has finally come to attempt to take it down the track. Not sure if anyone here is interested in bikes, but anyway. I work at a Harley dealership and the owner got a Suzuki Hayabusa drag bike traded in on a new Harley. He asked me to ride it for him this season, all expenses paid. I didn't have too much info on it before, but I finally know some stuff about it. I'll be riding it at a test and tune at New England dragway this wednesday.

It's set up for street classes. It's stretched and lowered, but has a DOT drag radial and no wheelie bar. It's all motor, a 1543cc stroker with 16:1 compression. It needs 2 batteries, a 24 volt starting system to start it. It has a T-rex fuel pump and all aeroquip pushlock/an line with a huge aeromotive regulator. Just thought that was funny on a motorcycle. It's air shifted with an on-board compressor. We recently had the bike on our dyno and it put down 240rwhp and 140ft lbs. It's been 8.70 at 160mph with a 225lb rider and I'm about 175, so hopefully once I learn how to ride it I can at least match those times. Remember this is no wheelie bar and a street tire!
Here she is.

HPIM0944.jpg

HPIM0955.jpg

HPIM0940.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

In all seriousness, try and find a stock Busa to ride first. Especially if you've never ridden anything that fast. A stock one should be capable of a high 9 - low 10 second 1/4 mile with ease, and it'll at least prepare you for the violent ride you're in for with this one.

have fun, busas are a blast to ride straight. watch your turns with that particualr bike. ive ridden a stretched busa before and they are a handful turning into parkinglots/ tight spaces.

You're gonna ride it? Lunatic. :D

I'm gonna try...
tuck and roll :shrug:

Make sure you test it out on the street first :nice:

-rS :SNSign:

That was the plan, I was gonna practice a few launches and at least get a feel for it, but it doesn't seem like that's gonna happen by wed.
In all seriousness, try and find a stock Busa to ride first. Especially if you've never ridden anything that fast. A stock one should be capable of a high 9 - low 10 second 1/4 mile with ease, and it'll at least prepare you for the violent ride you're in for with this one.
I would love to but unless someone offers one up to me tomorrow I'm sol haha.
Too bad I work till 4:30+ at the new job or I'd come watch and video tape it. Good luck and try not to wreck it. 160 mph at LVD sounds kind of scary.
Hopefully there won't be anything exciting enough to video tape. I'm not gonna try and go nuts on it, just get a feel for it. It would be sick to put it in the 9s but I'm not really expecting to run too fast my first time out. 160 at LVD would be a mess, we're going to Epping :D

dont die kid, just a little bit more power than your buell eh?

when i saw the thread name and the poster i thought you meant you were racing a 8 second busa w/ your fox lol. i pretty much **** for a few seconds.

Well I wish you the best of luck. Wednsday is my birfday so for a present I want you to make it back WITHOUT laying that thing down and getting hurt :nice:

Best of luck to you! Bike looks sick.....
Thanks
dont die kid, just a little bit more power than your buell eh?

when i saw the thread name and the poster i thought you meant you were racing a 8 second busa w/ your fox lol. i pretty much **** for a few seconds.
Haha. Yeah, a little more power than the Buell. Almost 2-1/2 times. Oh well.
Well I wish you the best of luck. Wednsday is my birfday so for a present I want you to make it back WITHOUT laying that thing down and getting hurt :nice:
Wow, that's sweet of you. :rlaugh: Happy birfday. Thanks.

At this point I'm actually a little more worried about dying in my one piece heavy ass black leather racing suit in this heat than crashing.

Well I survived :D I only got 3 passes in, but I'm very happy with the results. We got there late, so I decided not to go for my license because I probably wouldn't have time. So, first pass, first time ever on the bike, I took it extremely easy just getting a feel for it, making sure everything was working and it wasn't gonna fall apart. I rolled out of the hole and went MAYBE 1/8-1/4 throttle just cruising and it went 11.9 @ 115. Next pass I rolled out real easy, 1.97 60ft, part throttle, short shifted second, realized I forgot my visor so I reached up and flipped it down, rolled in a little in second, maybe 1/2 throttle, short shifted 3rd, then slowly rolled wide open in 3rd and held on for dear life. I short shifted it a little, but this bike is retarded ****ing fast. Went 10.2 @ 150mph on that pass. My last pass was close to the end of the day so I figured I might as well get booted. I rolled out slow again in 1st, 1.96, short shifted 2nd and rolled it wide open. Pretty much hit my shift points and went 9.78 @ 155.3. So, pretty sick, I went 9s, wicked ****in happy. Here's the slip with a penny for da hatas.

slip1-1.jpg