Wish me luck with Ford tomorrow!

Well just put the stock shifter back as I am giving Ford my car tomorrow for them to diagnose the gearbox 2-3 syncro issue, they told me they can't just do a TSB without checking it first :nono:

Also for any of you other vert owners check the seals between the door and rear quarter window mine is worn out again will need replacing. This is my second seal but on the other side of the car this time and I only have 29000 miles on clock :mad:

Other items to bitch about are:
Pinking under acceleration.
Surging on decceleration.
Tapping/knock sound.

• Sponsors (?)

hotdog71 said:
Also for any of you other vert owners check the seals between the door and rear quarter window mine is worn out again will need replacing.

Between the door and the rear quarter window? I am not too sure where that is. I mean, the front doors and the rear windows don't meet or touch anywhere, do they? Or do you mean the front door window?

Can you provide, please, a bit more of a description?

hotdog71 said:
Well just put the stock shifter back as I am giving Ford my car tomorrow for them to diagnose the gearbox 2-3 syncro issue, they told me they can't just do a TSB without checking it first :nono:

Also for any of you other vert owners check the seals between the door and rear quarter window mine is worn out again will need replacing. This is my second seal but on the other side of the car this time and I only have 29000 miles on clock :mad:

Other items to bitch about are:
Pinking under acceleration.
Surging on decceleration.
Tapping/knock sound.

Good luck!.. If they have any idea that you were using an aftermarket shifter they will probably void the warranty (happened to a friend). Hopefully they won't notice.

Chili said:
Good luck!.. If they have any idea that you were using an aftermarket shifter they will probably void the warranty (happened to a friend). Hopefully they won't notice.

Before your mods, our cars are twins. Have you noticed any TR3650 issues in your vehicle?

This is true, part of the weather stripping came off at the bottom of my passenger rear quarter window on my 03 vert and there is a hole there plenty big enough for water to get in right behind the front window. Just rolled over 14000 so I guess I'll be goin in for warranty. Hopefully they don't blame it on my light bar install since thats when I first noticed it...

Chili said:

no, an aftermarket shifter won't void any warranty, i went through this with my dealer, Luckily he had a saleen stage 1 in the show room, i asked him if it was covered under factory warranty, he said yes. then I yanked the shifer benzal out and BANG it was a tri-ax shifter hande.
I asked him if we needed to open it to prove to him that is was just the handle, he said no. I asked him is this car still covered. he said yes. Point Made.

saleen/steeda cars come with tri-axes stock, a dealer can't say *****.

Just to try and clairify the seal for you all.

It's the one were the door window meets the rear quarter window. If you open the door and follow the quarter window down to the were the door seal meet, there is a little odd shaped peice of rubber there. The presure from door being closed and rear window rubbing on it puts a hole in it eventually.

I will add a picture when I get my car back.

git-it-83 said:
Before your mods, our cars are twins. Have you noticed any TR3650 issues in your vehicle?

Got a bit of a squeak.. A Ford tech I know suggested it may be the throw-out bearing.. No transmission issues noted.

836582_8_full.jpg

2004gt2.jpg

:nice:

Joel's98GT said:
no, an aftermarket shifter won't void any warranty, i went through this with my dealer, Luckily he had a saleen stage 1 in the show room, i asked him if it was covered under factory warranty, he said yes. then I yanked the shifer benzal out and BANG it was a tri-ax shifter hande.
I asked him if we needed to open it to prove to him that is was just the handle, he said no. I asked him is this car still covered. he said yes. Point Made.

Then the guy I know got screwed.. They tried to nail him on other mods and he was able to show they had no adverse effects but he ended up buying a TKO for his Mach 1 because he had "altered" his transmission..

Joel's98GT said:

It's not always that cut and dry. It all depends on the dealer and the mood the service manager is in that day.

Update!!!

Just got the call from Ford.

They replaced the window seal :nice:
fix the surging on decel replaced faulty/sticking IAC. :nice:

But they are going to keep the car over night and test the gearbox in the morning because it was not noticable when the were road testing it :notnice:

keep you posted.

Gearbanger 101 said:
It's not always that cut and dry. It all depends on the dealer and the mood the service manager is in that day.

i'm very persuasive :D I got them to replace another tranny with my D/S loop welded in!!! and 4.10's and 3"studs on my moser axles and big diff girdle. of course i bought MOST of the parts over thier service counter.

I would definatly reccomend buying from and supporting dealerships that help out the typical mustang guys like us. there is only one dealership i will buy from near me and it's because thier service is the best and have treated me awesome, they have tried to bust my balls a little. And i'd remind them of the magnusson/moss act (http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/magnusonmoss.htm) but we get along great, i've even seen a couple of the mechanics racing at the local track.

Joel's98GT said:
i'm very persuasive :D I got them to replace another tranny with my D/S loop welded in!!! and 4.10's and 3"studs on my moser axles and big diff girdle. of course i bought MOST of the parts over thier service counter.

I would definatly reccomend buying from and supporting dealerships that help out the typical mustang guys like us. there is only one dealership i will buy from near me and it's because thier service is the best and have treated me awesome, they have tried to bust my balls a little. And i'd remind them of the magnusson/moss act (http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/magnusonmoss.htm) but we get along great, i've even seen a couple of the mechanics racing at the local track.
The one in my area just (potentially) screwed over a guy with a new Stang. One of the owners had an '05 GT he got when they first hit the streets as his demo. Well, he decided that stock wasn't good enough for him (as understandably most of us do) and he went with a full exhaust, CAI, Chip, wheels and a few other small odds and ends. This is from the same dealership that would deny warranty to anyone off the street who had the same bolt-ons done to their car. When I asked one of the salesman what would happen if this car ever had problems as a result of all of this aftermarket stuff that he (the previous owner of the car and the owner of the dealership) put on it, he just smiled, shrugged his shoulders and said "Eh…..Ces't la Vie….buyer beware". :eek: Nice….so he ruins the car and then sells it to the guy without mentioning the fact that his nearly new 15,000km ’05 GT no longer has any warranty! Gotta love small city dealerships. :nonono:

New Update!!!!!

Just got a call from Ford :nice:
They test drove my pony again this morning and confirmed the gearbox fault and ordered the replacement parts for the gearbox TSB 04-15-6, Ford PN#3R3Z-7124-AD
Parts should be in tomorrow and my car is booked in for Monday morning next week for 2 days. :banana:

Forgot to add the Ford part number for the window Cap Seal is 3R3Z-7624442-AA

hotdog71 said:
Just got a call from Ford :nice:
They test drove my pony again this morning and confirmed the gearbox fault and ordered the replacement parts for the gearbox TSB 04-15-6, Ford PN#3R3Z-7124-AD
Parts should be in tomorrow and my car is booked in for Monday morning next week for 2 days. :banana:
Yes....but did they say that they were going to pick up the tab? :shrug:

Gearbanger 101 said:
The one in my area just (potentially) screwed over a guy with a new Stang. One of the owners had an '05 GT he got when they first hit the streets as his demo. Well, he decided that stock wasn't good enough for him (as understandably most of us do) and he went with a full exhaust, CAI, Chip, wheels and a few other small odds and ends. This is from the same dealership that would deny warranty to anyone off the street who had the same bolt-ons done to their car. When I asked one of the salesman what would happen if this car ever had problems as a result of all of this aftermarket stuff that he (the previous owner of the car and the owner of the dealership) put on it, he just smiled, shrugged his shoulders and said "Eh…..Ces't la Vie….buyer beware". :eek: Nice….so he ruins the car and then sells it to the guy without mentioning the fact that his nearly new 15,000km ’05 GT no longer has any warranty! Gotta love small city dealerships. :nonono:

You have rights, look at the link in my last post, contact the BBB and FTC it's called the magnusson/Moss act. and if they pull **** on you it works if you take action.

Also the person that buys that car should note that those parts were on the car from that dealer, ie. he has the dealer by the nuts if they try to mess with him.

it's all about knowing what your rights are and knowing who to call to get it strieghtend out. Any dealer that acts like the onse people are discribing would NEVER give them my buisness and always refer people to good dealers.