With all the wrecks lately...

merc123

Jan 27, 2003
North GA
With all the wrecks lately I figured I didn't want to be left out and wrecked Sunday morning.

My 275's decided to hydroplane on me and spun me around a little bit and broke a 6" piece off of my right front rim. The tire didn't lose any air though. My ABS light went on later that day so I'm going to check that out too. So far no other damage that I can see and it didn't even get my bumper. I did miss a telephone pole by inches though.

If anyone can tell me where to get a cheap 17x9 chrome Cobra R let me know.

I'll post pics in a bit.

• Sponsors (?)

ABS light comes on when you have donut on brotha. Either that or your traction control light will come on. Basically you are confusing the hell out of your car with the one tire rotating differently than the others.

Glad to hear you are okay! You got away lucky! Unlike me :(

stangGT97 said:
sorry to hear this man, but hey at least you stopped before the telephone pole! Wheels are cheap enough to replace. Do you replica or FRPP cobra Rs? Buyfordracing.com usually has pretty good wheel deals
http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/index.php?cPath=2_24

you could also try Mustangtuning if you dont have the FRPP version

Sure enough. It looks like I may need to replace my BFG KDW too. I'm not sure if they're replicas or not. I bought them off of someone else. Mustang Tuning has them for around $170 so I'll probably get them off there.

As requested:

wreck_donut.jpg

wreck_wheel1.jpg

wreck_wheel2.jpg

wreck_wheel3.jpg

wreck_brokepc.jpg

Damn, did you hit a curb or somethin'? I've never seen a rim break quite like that. Hey, at least your bumper is in tact and hopefully all you need is a rim (maybe tire)...

Don't forget to put the battery back in your new rim though! Smoother ride. :nice:

I had to drive home from work with the "skinnie" on my car after a flat. 75 miles...

Oh...ant the ABS is probably just goofy because of the donut. Mines does it when I put my tall ass MT drag radials on.

Dang, I didnt realize that the rear donut is not 26 inches! But hey man, glad you got away pretty clean...very very lucky. I cant believe that there was no body damage! WOW!

Im ditching my donut I think....that thing will just screw stuff up. I wouldnt be able to go anywhere, my front end would be hitting everything.

DTNODYA said:
Damn, did you hit a curb or somethin'? I've never seen a rim break quite like that. Hey, at least your bumper is in tact and hopefully all you need is a rim (maybe tire)...

Don't forget to put the battery back in your new rim though! Smoother ride. :nice:

Yeap, nailed a curb right next to the telephone pole. Jumped it and went through the grass and landed in someone's driveway. I don't know how the bumper didn't get hit.

I almost didn't get the battery thing. They make them shine :)