Woke up the Mustang today!

cjrpony

Jan 23, 2010
West Michigan
I got the Mustang out of the garage today and went for a nice long ride. Man did that feel good. I had been getting the itch for a new 5.0, so taking my car out did me some good. I did stop by the dealership after hours and looked at them anyways:D

• Sponsors (?)

JEALOUS!!! I've got to wait 11 more days.

Decided I'm not going to do the engine swap I mentioned in another post--at least not this year. No time. Just going to pull it out, dust it off, and drive it this year. NO MODS. I mean it. NONE. NADA. ZEEERRROOOO. ;)

JEALOUS!!! I've got to wait 11 more days.

Decided I'm not going to do the engine swap I mentioned in another post--at least not this year. No time. Just going to pull it out, dust it off, and drive it this year. NO MODS. I mean it. NONE. NADA. ZEEERRROOOO. ;)

Seems like I say that every year, or at least only simple ones.

Now I have Cobra brakes, rear control arms, wideband O2 gauge, all new valve covers all waiting to go on. And I am thinking of upgrading the tranny this year too.

That is another reason I am hung about buying a new GT. Do I put anymore money in the 95 or not?

That is another reason I am hung about buying a new GT. Do I put anymore money in the 95 or not?

Seems to me it boils down to two questions:

1) Which car would you rather have (assuming you'd have to sell the 95 to buy a new one)?

2) Can your financial situation handle the payment?

If you're waffling, stay with what you've got and just enjoy it. I can guarantee you that as cool as the new GTs are, they'll be kinda run-of-the-mill in a couple of years. Think about the 05 GTs now. Most of us were drooling uncontrollably when they first came out. Now they're kinda "meah".

Gotta admit, I'd LOVE to have one, but I'm not ready to take on a payment. Now, if I had the green light for a Boss 302, THAT would be a different story. :D

Seems to me it boils down to two questions:

1) Which car would you rather have (assuming you'd have to sell the 95 to buy a new one)?

2) Can your financial situation handle the payment?

If you're waffling, stay with what you've got and just enjoy it. I can guarantee you that as cool as the new GTs are, they'll be kinda run-of-the-mill in a couple of years. Think about the 05 GTs now. Most of us were drooling uncontrollably when they first came out. Now they're kinda "meah".

Gotta admit, I'd LOVE to have one, but I'm not ready to take on a payment. Now, if I had the green light for a Boss 302, THAT would be a different story. :D

Well we ended up buying a Silver '11 GT and for now the wife is not going to make me sell the 95. We are in decent shape financially so it is not absolutely neccessary to sell. So I am going to hang on to it for now and see how it goes. I don't think I would be happy without something to work on:D

At any rate, I can sell it when I am ready and on my own terms!

About that Boss 302, the salesman claims they are getting 10K over sticker on them!

It's supposed to be sunny today (but still very cold) so I might get it out of the garage for a photo shoot today! Spring is not visiting Michigan for a least the next week! I do have this picture from when we picked it up. It's a cell phone pic, so not very good.

But you're in Alaska so I'm sure I get no sympathy from you!

cjrpony-albums-2011-gt-premium-picture7302-p-00187.jpg

But you're in Alaska so I'm sure I get no sympathy from you!

It was about 40 and sunny here today; snow's melting fast (and early) this year. I had my buddy bring his plow by today to help get my driveway down to the asphalt; the roads are clear enough to get the 95 out next week (April 1), but I'd never get back up my driveway! It should be black instead of white by then, so I'll be in good shape.

Car looks BEAUTIFUL! Congrats.