Won't Start, Help!

So this is the deal:
For some reason whenever i try to start up my car it just makes a loud click sound that seems to be stopping the engine from turning. If I continue to try starting it that battery cables get real hot along with the starter solenoid & smoke was coming from somewhere.

I've replaced the starter, Alternator, & Distirbutor. :bang:
My brother seem to think theres something wrong with my wiring harness.:shrug:

Any help here would be great. I start a new Job tomorrow so I really need my ca asap.

• Sponsors (?)

I also believe it is a problem with your harness. When I rewired my car I didn't notice that there were two power sources leading to the voltage regulator. I knew it was wrong because when i was connected the wires back up, there was one extra one left it connected to the second terminal of the starter solenoid, connecting to the alternator and then across the front to the voltage regulator. When i removed it from the starter solenoid and tried starting it up, a spark flew from that wire to the solenoid. I then covered terminal end with electrical tape and it was able to start up. As soon as she comes back from the painter i'll finish up the wiring and take out the old terminal.

If you haven't replaced the harness yet, check the wires leading from the starter solenoid tot eh top of the top of the voltage regulator.

if you know the battery is good,

It sounds like the starter soloniod is stuck or bad . Believe it or not a good whack with the plastic handle of a screw driver sometimes frees it. Replace it if is still wont go.

If I continue to try starting it that battery cables get real hot along with the starter solenoid & smoke was coming from somewhere.

Sounds like there is resistance in the system somewhere and maybe a bad ground as well. Check all of your ground points. Is there build up on any of the connectors ? This is important. Pull the batter and put it on a charger just to make sure the battery is ok, it never hurts to double check it.