wont start

92stang gt 5.0

Nov 6, 2003
Nashua
the other day i went to start my car and it stumbled 2 times and the 3rd time it started so i didnt think of it then when i got out of work i went to start and it wouldnt at all so i pushed it and dropped and into second and popped the clutch and it started so the next morning i went to start again and it stumbled again then it started and i drove to school fine and when i got out of school it wouldnt start again so i had it towed.......this only when happens when the cars cold after i have started it and i drive it for a little and i can start it fine after it is warmed......does anyone know what this could be and what i can do to fix it.....sorry so long

• Sponsors (?)

Is the engine spinning more slowly than usual when its cold out? May be a sign that the battery or starter are on the way out. Or a loose connection somewhere. Think of simple stuff to check first. Does it always push start fine, or did you have it towed cause it would not push start?

well the starter is new and the battery is somewhat new but its not fully charged that might be it but i had it jumped and it still wouldnt start and when i push started it the second time it wouldnt work and i heard when doin this its not good for the engine and clutch so i just had it towed cause i can for free

92stang gt 5.0 said:
well the starter is new and the battery is somewhat new but its not fully charged that might be it but i had it jumped and it still wouldnt start and when i push started it the second time it wouldnt work and i heard when doin this its not good for the engine and clutch so i just had it towed cause i can for free
Well, i had a problem earlier today when i got on it hard and overheated and stopped, it didnt want to start, but the problem was that i flooded. when you try to start it agian take off the intake pipe and see if there is smoke coming out... Also, you need a good charged battery to start a stang :p But if you let it sit for an hour or so and it didnt start then that would rule out that

the engine is cranking fine its kind of seems like it isnt getting any fuel.... i dont really know after trying to start it a bunch of times the battery was pretty much dead cause it wouldnt really even crank over so i dont think its the battery it might be i dunno right now

92stang gt 5.0 said:
the engine is cranking fine its kind of seems like it isnt getting any fuel.... i dont really know after trying to start it a bunch of times the battery was pretty much dead cause it wouldnt really even crank over so i dont think its the battery it might be i dunno right now
The shrader valve on the fuel rail is where you can check your fuel pressure. just screw in a fuel pressure gauge into it, if you dont have one. call up a autoparts store and ask them if they have one you can borrow