Won't Start

alf1096

Aug 12, 2008
It is a 06 gt with 24k miles. I have only had the car 3 days. The alarm kept going off so I tried to resest the sensitivity but that did not help so I took the pos batt cable off to reset everything. Now if I want to start the car I have to push the alarm override. Any suggestions I would like to fix my self. If not is it under warranty. if you need more info just ask it is my first ford and don't know anything about the security systems.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like you have an aftermarket alarm system. In taht case, no it is not under warranty. The alarm is malfunctioning and it's starter-kill relay is not allowing the car to start. You'd have to find whoever installed the alarm if you wanted a free fix. Personally, I'd remove the aftermarket garbage, because alarms are 100% useless. But you can take it to a shop that does alarm installs and have them trouble shoot it. Labor rates are usually really low at those places.

I don't think it is after market I can look under the dash and see the ford security alarm box. And the alarm responds to all the actions to set it in the ford manual. I think the key has lost the link to the computer. Is this possible? If so... does it have to go the the ford shop to get it fixed.

That buttom under the dash doesn't look factory to me, but I guess it could be, I am not familiar with whatever factory alarm Ford may have offered. If it is factory, then it should be under warranty as long as the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty is still in place. It's rare for a factory alarm to kill the starter though, most of them are disabled when the key is turned. That is why I said it sounds aftermarket. But if the manual describes that button, then it must be factory, so take it to the dealer.