Won't Start

vinces

Jul 29, 2009
Hi guys, was wondering if anyone had any advice for a cure for my 2001 Cobra that won't start. I am getting codes:
P0190 Fuel rail Pressure Sensor A Circuit
P0172 & 175, Rich-both banks
Fuel Pump Secondary Circuit (I forget number, will have to rescan)

Anyway, I used car for the first time since Fall/early winter last Saturday. Started it up, filled tank, added Seafoam, drove around/let idle for over an hour. Got back in, started right up, drove 90 miles. Went to get in after about an hour, NO START. Could only start with starting fluid, would idle ok, then rough, and would drive ok when slow, but would bog out with higher/fuel demand.

If fuel pump was bad, wouldn't it not run if it started with starting fluid after a few seconds?

I haven't heard fuel pump prime/run, so I am confused why it will run even for a few minutes after starting fluid???

Switch on drivers side in trunk is down where it's supposed to be, not pushed up.

Ideas? Only has 17,000 on odometer.

Appreciate any help!

• Sponsors (?)

If you can't hear the fuel pump prime/run, I would say you've probably found a bad fuel pump. Have someone turn the key while you are close to the pump. If it doesn't run, check to see if you are getting power to the pump.