Wont stay running.

Mark89coupe

Apr 5, 2005
Twice this week I started my car and after it started it would cut out and not hold the normal idle. If I kept giving it gas it would stay running until a few minutes go by. Anywhere I should start to look?

• Sponsors (?)

Just some thoughts...

With your mods and the cold weather hitting I would almost expect it, specially if it just came up recently....I have like mods and mines fine til right bout now, temp wise...I have to hold the gas for awhile to let it warm a tad, or it'll surge and die...a few minutes holding the idle and it'll catch and be fine...once it comes outta that few minutes of high idle, she's junk, and the tach's swinging high and low...hunting...:D
Once you get beyond the initial BS is it ok from there??, just curious...

To me, mine seems to be the ECC not be able to cover the start-up in real cold weather with my mods??..All year long its fine....another reason it just got stored...soon as it starts that BS...its parked..

Thats my thinking...Stock ECC parameters don't like the mods combined with cold stuff and can't compensate...Least that what mines telling me...If you could keep it in the high idle mode for more than the 15 seconds it allows you'd prolly be fine...
Come on Summer....:D

I have the Fox conversion on mine for 2 years now, and to me it seems if i could hold the initial "high idle" mode for more than the 15 sec or so before dipping down, that things would be better ...when its this time of year only...
I have...set the idle to 750 rpm, done the TPS setting, full idle reset to...Have also tried 3 different IAC valves...Mine just freaks when the temps dip way down...It appeared to me, something I had no control of ???
I kinda attributed it to my cam/mods/stock ECC ???

gt40_upper_installed_r_005.jpg