Woohoo!

Yeah so I bought a 50k 90 GT T-5 off of ebay last week for 375 bucks. Put it in yesterday by myself during the hottest day of the year in NJ, and after all my work was set and done, the 2nd gear synchro is toast! YAY... Anybody have any stories like this to share lol, to ease the pain... I did get a refund at least though :rolleyes:, but still, I can't drive the car like I want to whatsoever. Not only that, but it's my daily driver so I don't want to take the tranny out anytime soon, but that leaves me without being able to go to the track :(

• Sponsors (?)

Here's my tranny timeline and woes.

- Had the leaky AOD in my 86 rebuilt with all hi po parts. Shop screwed up and tranny burned up the clutches after 500 miles. No warranty since I supplied the parts.

-Got pissed and decided to covert to 5spd.

-Bought a "100 mile" T-5 on ebay for 550 and the guy never delivered. Took two months tracking him down and threatening to call the police to get my money back.

-Got my money back.

-Bought a rebuilt "performance" T-5 from TX Motorsports for $900 and 3rd gear self-destructed on a 5K shift at only 600 miles.

-Finally bought a TKO600. No more tranny woes. The thing simply dominates. :)

The moral of my story as far as 5spds go: "Do it right the first time and you'll save yourself a lot of aggravation."