Woooooooo-Hoooooo...no more aode

BDAWK2002

Apr 28, 2005
Old Bridge N.J.
Well guy's I finished my swap thur. nite and I couldnt be happier :banana: Everything went well with almost no problems.It took me like 2 weeks because I was really taking my time only working a few hours a nite plus I was doing some other stuff that I been meaning to get done (remove tint,shampoo rug's).The only real problem I had was the Ford racing flywheel takes 8mm bolts for the pressure plate and the only bolts I had where the 5/16 ones.It was late on a sun. and I really wanted to get the pressure plate bolted up so I just re threaded the holes for the 5/16 bolts and bolted it up.I know that was stupid but I didnt want to stop workin and wait for new bolts.Now I have a few issues that I have to work out that maybe you guy's can help me with.I have a slight vibration at 2500 rpm so I'm gonna remove the dogbone tonite to see if that helps.When sitting at idle I can hear what sounds like a grind that goes away when I push the clutch pedal down????The last thing is I have a slight clutch chatter that seems to be getting better the more I drive it I think this is normal break in.The chatter is real bad in reverse but I'm also getting used to having a clutch again.I cant wait for everything to break in so I can start beatin on this thing and have some real fun.Thanks for everyone's help during my swap :nice: Now can someone give me a site where I can upload pics to so I can post some pics on here of my ride....

• Sponsors (?)

Slight vibration at 2500 rpm, probably the damper. The clutch (being purely mechanical) will transmit more vibration than a torque convertor.

For teh grind, did you put any lube on the TO bearing?

For the chatter, sounds normal and it should get less grabby with time.

Sounds good man...

Stupid question, but did you put/check the fluid in the transmission? My cousin's old Taurus SHO was grinding with the clutch out and it would stop with the clutch in. It turns out the tranny was leaking and it went dry. We ended up just replacing the transmission, which was a nice long two-weekend project.

94-302-vert said:
Slight vibration at 2500 rpm, probably the damper. The clutch (being purely mechanical) will transmit more vibration than a torque convertor.

For teh grind, did you put any lube on the TO bearing?

For the chatter, sounds normal and it should get less grabby with time.

Sounds good man...
I put a little lube on the inside of the bearing where the input shaft slides through but not a lot I was worried about grease getting on the clutch.When i heard the sound the first thing I thought of was the t/o bearing.So you think the vibration is norm???It's not to bad I'm hopeing taking off the dogbone will help.I just had 3.73's put in and I was told that once you change from stock gearing the dogbone is useless.Plus I used it to jack up the rear of the car so I sure that didnt help either.....

Low-5.0 said:
Stupid question, but did you put/check the fluid in the transmission? My cousin's old Taurus SHO was grinding with the clutch out and it would stop with the clutch in. It turns out the tranny was leaking and it went dry. We ended up just replacing the transmission, which was a nice long two-weekend project.
I put in a new TKO500 so I filled it up before the first drive.The place I bought it from sent me 4 quarts of fluid but it only took 3.I havent checked it since I drove it so I'll check it again tonite when I get home to make sure it doesnt need more.

car.jpg

carint.jpg

My first stangnet pics!!!!!!!!Clear cornerlites soon to be installed

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 96
  • carint.jpg
    carint.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 75
Took off the dogbone last nite.Vibration is a little better but not gone I think I can live with it.My check engine light also came on while driving home from work last nite.I pulled the codes and got 171 & 172 rh side o2 sensor.So I put in a new pair of O2's and now no more lite.Chatter is also getting better every time I drive it,clutch must be breaking in I guess.My car also runs a lot hotter than when I had the auto.Before the gauge wouldnt go past the N on normal but now it sits on the M.Cooling upgrade is next and then I'm not sure if I should get a blower or H.C.I. ny suggestions???Thank's Matts for the web address.......