WOOT Dad's buying me a 2000 GT for graduation/birthday

mustangman70

Founding Member
Dec 30, 2001
St pete, Florida
You guys may remember the thread i made before about the 97 i was thinking of buying. Well dad wants me to have something a little newer and more reliable WITH a warrenty that really hasent been beaten too much ( i graduate tomorrow by the way :spot: :banana: :spot: ) And along with signing me over the title to the 1970 coupe for a dollar (which he promised he would 4 years ago for my graduation) He is going half and half on a 2000 GT for my birthday/going away to college help. The 70' just isent reliable enough of a car to have to depend on. So a REAL good guy in my local car club Rev Xtreme is selling his wifes 2000 GT wih 60k on the odometer, and she has been driving it since it had 30k. It has been babied and is in GREAT condition along with these mods :

2000 Mustang GT
White 2D 5 speed Coupe
New Eibach lowering springs
New Spec Stage II clutch
Steeda adjustable quadrant
Steeda cold air
ICE Cold AC
Dark grey leather interior
Power windows, door locks, and seat.
Keyless entry

So now i need the basic bolt ons... which i am going with a BBK O/R X-pipe with 40 series flows and dumps :banana: A steeda TRI-AX shifter, along with a trick flow elbow and BBK 75mm throttle body LOL let the modding begin. And i am VERY happy to join all of you mod motor guys :D

• Sponsors (?)

Me and bruce (the seller) havent talked about the warrenty yet, but he said it is still under warrenty, Ill have the details on that by tomorrow. Its kinda sad when you dont evan have a car yet and allrady have a mile long list of to-do mods lol

mustangman70 said:
Me and bruce (the seller) havent talked about the warrenty yet, but he said it is still under warrenty, Ill have the details on that by tomorrow. Its kinda sad when you dont evan have a car yet and allrady have a mile long list of to-do mods lol
lol ok. well the ford standard warranty is 3yrs/36k miles, but i'm sure you know that. so he must be talking about an extended warranty or something, BUT if he tries to warranty it himself or something, do yourself a favor and have a contract written up :)

I will be sure to ask him that lol. And evan if it dosent im so stoked about this car i dont really care. And i was never in the 5.0 section just the classic, and will still be there as it will be a slow proccess as the restoration of my 1st car i ever had (the 70) starts to get restored. Its the coolest thing in the world to have a classic mustang in high school. I had the 3rd fastest car in the school (next to a BAD chevelle and a POS pontiac bonneville (pontiac on steroids lol)

I cant wait to have some fun with this thing, and the ONLY reason he does it is because he wants to see me successfull. At this point in my life it has NOTHING to do with him, its all on me. But in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM will i turn down only having to pay half (7,000) for a 2000 GT :shrug: Thank you evreyone for your congrats. Im glad to have been able to have both parents (which alot of my friends dont say together this long :( ) And that my dad cares so much to help me with a car :nice: :banana: