Working on Sadie

• Sponsors (?)

65stanger said:
How many times do I have to tell y'all, "sally" is KEEPING her 6!!!:mad::bang::fuss::Damnit:

Y'know what? Good for you! Although, I still think that tripling the length of the front subs and putting a 16-cylinder Patton tank motor in there might be kind of fun :p

Now, are you gonna keep that long skinny engine "Stock as a Rock" as the Super One would; or are you interested in "playing a little"? See, while I'd still love to find both a motorless '67 and a lonely orphan Windsor and get them together; finding a 7-main-bearing 200 and a good 250ci cylinder head (or, for the really exotic, an Aussie crossflow head) would be a rather interesting exercise. Bolt on a nice flowing yet box-stock quiet exhaust system (Flowmaster 40's need not apply) and you could generate some surprises amongst the street ricers.

StangDreamin' said:
Y'know what? Good for you! Although, I still think that tripling the length of the front subs and putting a 16-cylinder Patton tank motor in there might be kind of fun :p

Now, are you gonna keep that long skinny engine "Stock as a Rock" as the Super One would; or are you interested in "playing a little"? See, while I'd still love to find both a motorless '67 and a lonely orphan Windsor and get them together; finding a 7-main-bearing 200 and a good 250ci cylinder head (or, for the really exotic, an Aussie crossflow head) would be a rather interesting exercise. Bolt on a nice flowing yet box-stock quiet exhaust system (Flowmaster 40's need not apply) and you could generate some surprises amongst the street ricers.

He has a 7 main bearing 200. But the old trick was to find the 170 head with the smaller chambers to boost up the compression ratio.

StangDreamin' said:
Nice idea, but then you're still stuck with the old log style "cast-together-with-the head" intake. Yecch.

Sure, you can bore a couple extra holes in the log and add 1bbl carbs, but the airflow pattern is pretty much still the same as that of an exhaust manifold for a '66 F100 with a lo-compression 352 :nonono:

But hey, it looks great!

Question for Chepsk8.......

Have StangDreamin' and Realmongo not been paying attention, OR are they really so senile that they can't remember what I've posted over the last year or two as to my plans for "sally"?:scratch:

Personally, I think StD has spent too much time par-boiling in the jacuzzi, sniffing the ink of Chelle's avatar girls........Realmongo, well he's just "OUT THERE" on the left coast!:nonono:

65stanger said:
Have StangDreamin' and Realmongo not been paying attention, OR are they really so senile that they can't remember what I've posted over the last year or two as to my plans for "sally"?:scratch:

Personally, I think StD has spent too much time par-boiling in the jacuzzi, sniffing the ink of Chelle's avatar girls........Realmongo, well he's just "OUT THERE" on the left coast!:nonono:

And I'm farther west than your infamous LEFT COAST boys. WTF?

65stanger said:

Remember...I know where you live!

:D

65stanger said:
How many times do I have to tell y'all, "sally" is KEEPING her 6!!!:mad::bang::fuss::Damnit:

ok, i've been working out my warped demented mind for a few weeks (needed some exercise, so i let out to play for a while) and i think i'm going to try and find a six banger AMC. like a rambler, matador or 69 or 70 javelin and swap a good old late model jeep 4.0 with a few mods done to it with the automatic overdrive and a good steep rear gear like a 3.73 or so and i think i could have a really nice driver/rice killer and still be dependable and get halfway decent mileage to boot. yeah i know it's not really ford but there were tons of Ford parts in those old AMC's, course there were a lot of GM and mopar parts too.