Working on the car again, cervini bumper is now on!

Killercanary

The car that set the bar.
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
Altoona, PA
I got to work on the car this weekend. My hopes of having it done for Carlisle are now gone, but I think the delay will be worth it. I finally got around to test fitting my cervini's stalker front bumper and it fit like a glove. Here are a few pics...

162600.jpg

162601.jpg

I was in total amazement over the weight difference between the xenon and cervini's. I didn't grab the scale yet, but the cervini's feels to be 1/2 the weight of the xenon. The fenders will be coming off hopefully this week and then the engine bay work will start!

• Sponsors (?)

Mike, the side skirts for now are going to be ABC exclusive saleen style ones, and I'm planning on getting a saleen style rear bumper from ABC too. The only thing that may change is that if I feel that I won't have them on or close to being ready for paint by Carlisle, I may just buy the rest of the cervinis stuff from them there. I don't want the cervini's rear bumper, but if the price is right I might go for it. The side skirts are a wash as they are very similar in design.

Matt, the hood is from MPS (Mustang Parts Specialties). I like the fit and finish, but I do have a clearance issue with one of the caster camber bolts and that is why its not latched in the pictures. I'll have to modify it, but it shouldn't be an issue.

Nik- thanks man, that's what I'm going for, a clean look that flows. Nothing too gaudy, but something that stands out. I've put a lot of thought into this, so I hope the end result is what I'm looking for.

looks awesome, thats the same exact setup I want for my car... I already have the hood but had to settle with another stock gt bumper until I have more money.

you might have said this already but are you doing a stroker this time around?

Paul.... Bout time you started to get going on the car. The front end is looking sweet! Did you decide on a color sceme? I hope that you and the car will make it to Carlisle.

yeah im not a fan of the cervinis rear either if i remember right the cut outs are like rectangles or something weird where you would have to get custom fit tips to look ok....so hows that hardtop working out for you?? are you doing it black?? keep us updated its looking good :D

I wish I had the cash to go for that front bumper last summer. It was definitely my first choice. The heat extractor is amazing also, simply because it retains the stock GT nostrils.

the wood blocks....

are also sweet :D

Looks great Paul!

BTW, if your not taking your car to Carlisle, then I am not taking mine either!

.................Ah forget it, I'll still go, but you better get your rear in gear, you still got time!

Paul...Been gone for awhile...but trying to make a comeback... I have no idea what your plans are for the car, but I know you're cooking up something good.

What did you do with that Xenon crap?
Did you get the heat extractor hood for just that, or for looks?

If/when I do my 331 longblock...most of that cosmetics crap is coming OFF the car... Id rather use the money for under the hood...Im tired of all that extra crap hanging off the car, getting scraped, etc.

Good Luck!!

CHARLIE...WHERE THE H3ll have YOU been?
Need some more polishing schtuff!!

RC