Workout Routine

Sick96Stang

Aug 20, 2004
Gilbert, Arizona
Alright for any weight lifters out there I need your advice. Currently I have been doing Chest, biceps, triceps, shoulders on Mon, Wed, Fri and Quads, Hams, back, calves on Tue and Thu, and I do abs everyday. It seems like that is to much upper body and lower body to do in one day. Just wondering how many and what muscle groups you guys do a day? Also how many exercises of each muscle group you do a day.

• Sponsors (?)

Sick96Stang said:
Alright for any weight lifters out there I need your advice. Currently I have been doing Chest, biceps, triceps, shoulders on Mon, Wed, Fri and Quads, Hams, back, calves on Tue and Thu, and I do abs everyday. It seems like that is to much upper body and lower body to do in one day. Just wondering how many and what muscle groups you guys do a day? Also how many exercises of each muscle group you do a day.

Depending on the amount of weight you're lifting, and your particular goals, you may be overtraining.

Say for instance you are doing 70-80% of your max one rep lift (any given exercise) on your chest, bi, tri, shoulder day, you are overtraining. But yet, if you are doing say 10-15 reps on any given exercise, you may or may not be overtraining.

An easy gauge is when your muscles are still very sore on your Wednesday from your Monday workout, you're overtraining.

What you many want to try is this, and not necessarily on set days, but in this sequence:

3 day split:
Chest/Triceps
Shoulders/Back
Legs
Abs every day. Take a day or two rest in between.

4 day split:
Chest
Legs
Back/Biceps
Shoulders/Triceps
Abs every day. Rest between the days cycles.

Put it this way....on your leg day, you should feel like you want to just go home, crawl into bed, and sleep after your leg day. If you don't, you aren't working them hard enough.

But, the above is just advice. Everyone's body is different, and your age plays a factor in the equation too (how fast you can recover). Also, supplements help too with recovery.

Good luck.