Worst gas mileage possible with a stock motor

Ive never gotten above 180 for a tank ever. Consider yourself lucky to be getting that.

Same here! I get to 160 then the fuel pump whines and loss of all full throttle power. But I still have 3-4 gallons in the tank when I fill up which I dont understand. Maybe when I replace it, it will quit whining and i'll improve my miles per tank.

• Sponsors (?)

I always use premium shell gas and its always 25 bucks to fill up so like 12 gallons each time

With your mods, why use premium gas? That could be your problem. Anytime I used ever mid grade my performance suffered but in your case there if obviously a underlying issue somewhere...My 87' was pretty bad on gas (13 MPG) before the rebuild, now I get around 18. It was a DD car.

i have 3.55 gears and a stock motor mostly city driving and get about 18mpg in the summer and about 15.5mpg in the winter, i think they put stuff in the gas to help keep it from freezing. every year its the same way, drops in the winter and comes back up in the summer. right now i am still getting 15-16mpg

My car has about 214K miles with the motor stock with the exception of a K&N replacement filter. It has an off-road h-pipe, flowmasters dumped, and 3.73s with timing still at 10* using 87 octane.

Best Hwy 24 mpg
City, I usually average about 16 mpg. I have gotten 18 mpg twice in the 6 years I have owned the car.