Worst mistake ever in my life!!!!!

1. Watch who you talk to. Go to the track and ask people who actuallly are getting decent time slips, not the guy cutting 15.9ET on slicks and Nitrous.
2. Stangnet is a good source of information.

That video was staged, but still funny. I wish that really would happen to any "ghost rider" wigger.

• Sponsors (?)

It's not the heads that will limit the addition of the B cam..it's the 86 style flat top pistons. Another factor will be the condition of the springs, a b cam will require fresh springs...so the heads would be best rebuilt if you choose to run them...but again....you need to ensure your old block does not sport flat top pistons.

I put those heads on my first mustang when I was 17.
Didn't know it at the time. They did seem to kill the power in the upper rpm range alittle never had the car dyno'd, but they felt different.

I was 17 working at walmart at the time making only 6$ an hour. I had pulled the motor to rebuild ,and I could not afford alum. heads

So I went to a company in town that sell remanfactored part, and picked up a set of heads refurbished for around 250$

Did not know they were 86 till I got home and installed and put motor back in car.

I found out they were 86's when I was trying to install new plugs that they wouldn't fit.

I Don't know the different in the two castings but, I do know that they have the same size intake and exhaust valves. and as above the plugs are different.

Not shure why the 86 didn't have valve reliefs in the pistons if they had the same valve sizes. Maybe just less lift in the 86 cam.

Definately will need new springs, I found out it has 150k miles so you might wanna check out the valves as well. The only thing I need has no moving parts so I don't need to worry bout mileage :p

Well nobody has mentioned this yet so i'll throw it out just in case you don't know yet...if your block is an '86 and has stock pistons in it, you can't run E7s, because the pistons have no valve reliefs and you'll be in a world of hurt. Basically everything associated with the '86 5.0 engine sucks (sorry no offense, but it was Ford's first try and a lot of things were improved in '87).

Well nobody has mentioned this yet so i'll throw it out just in case you don't know yet...if your block is an '86 and has stock pistons in it, you can't run E7s, because the pistons have no valve reliefs and you'll be in a world of hurt. Basically everything associated with the '86 5.0 engine sucks (sorry no offense, but it was Ford's first try and a lot of things were improved in '87).

Gotcha, I have a 01 exploder shortblock, so thats not a prob.
:nice:

Well guys its about to run, Im going to start it tomorrow, with open headers LOL, and no driveshaft but it will run!!!! Then wednesday morn I can roll into school and do some hellacious donuts!!!
fun fun i started the 306 once with open headers in my garage. needless to say i couldnt hear right for a couple min lol but sounded like a drag car lol

i did donut in mine after i was already graduated but the band was at practice. everyone stopped and watched me then i left. i also did it at a softball game LOL i love attention