Worth The Trade?

2broke

Jul 7, 2015
I have a 1991 f150 4x4 4 speed 300 six that my buddy is wanting to trade me his old foxbody. 302 bored 30 over e303 cam hooker headers and flomasters. It runs and drives but he was in a walmart parking lot and had a guy reverse and slam into it. It pushed the radiator into the fan and broke both. He got a new fan all i have to get is a radiator. Is it worth the swap? Could most of that be fixed with alot of body work? i can do body work but i havent seen the car in person yet. The f150 has a clutch issue and leaks but i have all the new parts to fix it. And he said i wouldnt have to fix the f150. As is for as is
uploadfromtaptalk1436280239730.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1436280256151.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1436280284258.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Well...is it fixable? As in not more than a grand? I dont see alot of foxbodies around here so i planned on bending the sheet metal back so it works (wont be pretty but eh) and driving it till i can get new fenders and hood and bumper

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

My question was do you think that that messed up the subframe? Or any serious part of the car? And yeah all vehicles i own are piles. Cant help it i cant afford a paintjob and all new parts at once haha

Wow... I don't know man. You'd have to pay me to drag off that pile of garbage. No way would I give up anything I valued for it. But, if you're nevertheless inclined to take it, at least make sure the shock towers are straight and that the wheels and tires clear everything. If you can go by and alignment shop and everything can be lined back up, then you're just looking at quarter panel, front bumper and cover, and hood replacement. Do the doors still line up at the back and open and close properly? What else is wrong that he hasn't told you about?

I'd keep/fix the F150, even if I got the car. You're probably gonna need something to tow it around with :D

Reactions: 1 users
The doors still line up fine and the shock towers are straight but idk. I may just 351 and 5 speed swap my truck and swap out the front i beams for a 2wd setup and have a nice little street truck

Guys around here would pay good money for a late-80's/early-90's F150 4X4 with an in-line six under the hood. Very desirable truck amongst the off road and farm truck crowd. If I were you, I would fix it up and leave it just the way it is. Stripping the front diff, and swapping out the 4.9L and "bull low" 4-speed for a 351W would ruin its value IMO. That, and something tells me the project would never get finished and the truck will just end up getting traded for peanuts, or scrapped.

Keep it and enjoy it, or sell it for something you really want....don't ruin it.

The Rad/core support, front frame are more than likely bent, that was no minor parking lot bump, RUN away.

Replace the clutch in your truck and enjoy it, oil leaks on old engines, you know its the gaskets - replace them when/as you can no biggie.
I use to love my in-line 6 maverick, keep it stock add some tasteful mods when you can.

I agree with all here. That car took a much harder hit then they claim. The truck is in way better shape and likely has a much better return on your investment in the end. Fix it and enjoy or sell it and then fund a fox purchase (one that's not beat to hell).

A truck will always serve a purpose, even if it is beat up. A sport car will never be enough and will be an endless hole for spending. I don't believe I would trade for that car.

Joe

I think yall have pursuaded me into not getting that fox but man...ive owned built trucks but all chevys and built 4x4s of all make and model and ive broken more stuff in my 4x4s than i ever had in my hotrods. Offroading just gives out way more abuse. Besides hot rod trucks are light in the rear.... ;)

Keep the truck, and make it look like something like I did. My 1000 dollar truck with about 700 bucks into it doesn't look half assed bad! Keep your truck bud.
clean1.jpg
ranger3.jpg
ranger2.jpg