Would anyone sport a Z28 or a TA?

CManT1914

Feb 5, 2004
Killeen, Texas
I'm just wondering if anyone would sport a Z28/SS or a Trans Am/Formula OVER a GT/Mach1/Cobra. I would sport a TA/Formula over a GT maybe. But not over a Cobra. I would NEVER sport a Camaro over not even a GT. I don't care what the horsepower difference is. Just wondering, add your thoughts. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

My thoughts precicesly!

S/CBlack95GT said:
Never!! The F-body feels huge to me. I could lay on the dash!

Exactly, they look big, and they feel big. The only reason I would sport a TA or a Formula, is cuz they look pretty good. But the Camaros? Yuck, they look like a big doorstop, a big wedge! :D

well, im die hard ford fan. i just like ford styles better (although the ram air TAs are sharp), the way they sit, the way they drive. the way the controls and knobs and whatnot are. ive only had a couple GMs apart but i like the way the fords are built on the bottom end better and the oiling systems. the only thing is, ford likes to use smaller dispacement motors as the powerplants. that goes for cars and trucks. but as far as horsepower goes, the right mods and money will make any car go fast.
so my vote is always mustang

give me a mustang anyday, but i do second the 89 blue. those things are sweet. but they are just poorly built to me. i hate the fact that they have a big hump in the passenger side floor panel for the cats. ever try to work on the engines of those things? its impossible.

give me a mustang anyday.

i hate camaros :notnice: :nonono: but i do like there close cousin the firebird. i do own to formulas a 01 and a 94. im a ford man ive owned 3. now jsut the one on the sig. the reson i have 2 formulas is cause i liek the way they look they have a good styling. i like the t/a but i bought the 94 formula first and last year my wife and i got a chance at a 01t/a and a 01 formula so we opted to stay with the formulas. and like a tell my wife as long as i can throw the after market at them and im buying the parts the mustang will be faster :nice: it my baby. but i like the formulas. and are a b1tch :bang: to work on under the hood.

my wife is actually the formula fan when we go to the track i wear my ford tshirts and hat and she weres here firebird tshirts. one time we went to the track and i was wearing my ford racing hat (cause thats the only time i wear hats and thats the only one i have) but i was driving my 94 formy and was racing it when i was at the tech line i threw the hat on the dash while i opened the hood and the tech inspector saw it and said sarcasticly " :banana: very funny"

yeah....its amazing the engines they put in those things. too bad ford wasnt nicer to us in the engine dept but they were nice in the looks and comfort dept. the only camaros id take would be the ls1's (rediculous power and potential they hold) and the ws6 is just gross.....so mean looking and the power is awesome stock.

now we gotta turbo, s/c or drop a new engine go keep up with those modded engines for the most part. sucks but id rather take a modded ls1 than one of our stangs modded. thats why im waiting for a decent job so i can finally put a bigger engine (i want my buddy's turbo'd 393) in my car. til then i just get to gloat that their cars look/ride like ass :D

I've had a older camaro and a older mustang (89 Iroc) (95GT) and I really liked both cars, the mustang was easier to work on and actually cost much less to modify, the other thing that moved me towards a mustang is the driveability some springs good shocks and corrected caster camber with some chassis stiffening and a camaro wont touch em on corners. I'm now working on my 94 cobra and my 90 corvette and im still having fun with both cars, but my cobra still gets my vote as my favorite. Now as far as performance if you have enough money you can make a mustang as fast and most of the time faster than camaros and ta's, but if they mod its an uphill battle! I just like to go fast no matter what kind of car it is. (I just cant get into the import thing), the sound of a nice V8 or V10 or hell even a V12 is just as good as having sex while driving!!! :spot:

the only ta or camaro i would ever sport is a 1984 trans am or a 1984 iroc z28 camaro. a stock 84 iroc z28 beat my mildly modified 84 stang. my stang was also a stick and the camaro was an automatic. it confused me but owell. i'd take one if the price was right. im in the process of buying a beater and then saving for an older trans am.

I like the LT1 SS camaros (with the 4 square headlights), the LS1 camaros are a bit uglier, but i would drive a Hugger Orange one (not over a Stang). I love the LS1 WS6's, my brother in law has one, auto :rolleyes: but super fast. I drove it around for about a week while the cobra was getting fixed, and as much as i loved the power, i couldnt wait to get back in my Cobra, it just fits better, its like: You drive a mustang, an F-body drives you"... felt like i had no control in that car, too much room between you and the windshiled. Also, they have that stupid cat-hump, dont have true duals, don't brake as well as my cobra, and my buddies camaro has burned up 3 power window motors, one heater core, the rear defroster doesnt work, and his t-tops leak. My cobra has had its share of problems, but they dont seem to add up to the problems his has had. So all in all, i like to look at them, respect their power, and after all they are American, but im glad i have the Stangs' :nice:

I'd never take a Camaro... Don't like how they look, feel, or drive one bit. My friend let me take his 02 Z28 out and I wasnt impressed with it at all. I'd take a T/A WS6 though... But not over my mustang. With the money I saved from buying my car over any LS1, I could probably have a nice blown 331 or even a 351 and then see what the f-body owners will think of mustangs now.

i wouldnt mind a z/28/ss or TA if it was form teh 60s or 70s. i am in love with those classic ones. but ti semes that everybody is in love with teh classics. but i would take a new TA if it came with H/C/I and new rear end, and tranny, and suspension and it had to have t-tops

I didnt' read what everyone said but I would definately sport a car capable or running 12's with small mods. Even if its an F-Body.

Keep it in the family, America vs everyone else. Although some oversease cars are badass.