Would appreciate some speedcal help

CobraRed_96_GT

May 20, 2006
UCSD/La Jolla
I'm stuck in installing my speed cal for a 96 GT
on dallas mustang's site's directions http://www.dallasmustang.com/page/speedcal.inst.php
step 13 shows the round connector from the car, i can't seem to find this. I have the speedcal round connector ready but cant find where to connect it. Also i have the VSS connector thats more squarish plugged right into the tranny and the VSS connector that was on the tranny stock just hanging. is this how it's supposed to be?
here are some poor pictures the white and gray wires leads to the circle connectorfrom the speedcal i was talking about, and the blue and green to the VSS thats from the speedcal also. any help would be appreciated
img1066ia0.jpg
img1068tx3.jpg
img1069xs2.jpg

Attachments

• img1066ia0.jpg
    img1066ia0.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 55
  • img1068tx3.jpg
    img1068tx3.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 44
  • img1069xs2.jpg
    img1069xs2.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 39
  • Sponsors (?)

i recieved this from DM. I did buy it used.
Did you purchase the speedcal new? It looks like the speedcal has already been installed on something.

Here’s how it works…

Unplug the vss sensor plug from the vss. Remove the wires from that plug and re-install them into the round plug with the black loop supplied with the speedcal. Then, plug the blue and green wires in to the original vss plug and plug it back into the vss. The black plug with the black loop and now the original wires plugs into the round plug of the speedcal.

Archie
sounds simple, but does anyone really get this? What do i plug the round connector into? Sounds like he's reffering to haveing 2