Would the Mach tubing/seal fit under a GT hood?

Anyone ever try to fit the Mach shaker plumbing under the stock GT hood? I'm not even sure that the shaker part that sticks up through the hood is separate from the black plastic tubing that routes down to the air filter. So I guess that's 2 questions. Does the tubing come separate? And will it fit under the stock GT hood?

Thanks,
Jim

• Sponsors (?)

the tubing (from air filter to ?) WILL fit under a stock GT hood, the Shaker scoop itself wont, but if you are trying to think of a way to make your GT scoop functional, Don't even bother.

myponyrocks said:
the tubing (from air filter to ?) WILL fit under a stock GT hood, the Shaker scoop itself wont, but if you are trying to think of a way to make your GT scoop functional, Don't even bother.

There are 1 or two people on here who have successfully done that, with rain drains and all :shrug:

It IS a project though

SteedaGTJ22 said:
There are 1 or two people on here who have successfully done that, with rain drains and all :shrug:

It IS a project though

All I've ever seen are the "Woe is me, water dammage" threads from attempts, never seen a succesful (longterm) build.

If they could seal it off and use rain drains like the factory Mach 1 has, then i dont see a problem.

It's when you just cut a hole under the GT scoop and dump the water down onto the top of your engine.

If some manufacturer could make a system that would use the stock GT hood scoop, but cut a small hole, install a rubber sealed inlet with rain drains and create a ram-air setup that didn't leak water onto the engine...i would buy it.

I like the CDC shaker setups, but they are way too expensive plus i need to have a hood painted.

It's easier to bolt up the GT-style setup and them mods the GT hood by cutting a small hole and using a gril peice with the honeycomb drilled out.

Mustang5L5 said:
If they could seal it off and use rain drains like the factory Mach 1 has, then i dont see a problem.

It's when you just cut a hole under the GT scoop and dump the water down onto the top of your engine.

If some manufacturer could make a system that would use the stock GT hood scoop, but cut a small hole, install a rubber sealed inlet with rain drains and create a ram-air setup that didn't leak water onto the engine...i would buy it.

I like the CDC shaker setups, but they are way too expensive plus i need to have a hood painted.

It's easier to bolt up the GT-style setup and them mods the GT hood by cutting a small hole and using a gril peice with the honeycomb drilled out.

+1. By the time you get the shaker kit and get the hood painted you're already finiancially getting close to the point of saying "Screw it, I'll just keep saving and get a blower".

I've never understood why no one can come up with a setup kit that involves making our existing scoops functional. It just seems so marketable :shrug:

Yeah the Mach tube itselt doesn't have a drain, the drain is in the shaker seal and the shaker itself.

KarKraft used to make a kit that made the scoop functional some one was trying to get them to revive it a while back. I gave up waiting and have had the CDC shaker and now the KarKraft shaker on my car ;) Yup coulda got a blower, but oh well.