would this combination of parts work?

Project 77

Founding Member
Jun 30, 2002
Bernville PA
I know most of you are ready to kill me, but I am trying to explore all options before I make a final descision. I was wondering if my current setup (X cam, 24 pounders) would work with a set of porter twisted wedge heads and possible a supercharger. I don't know enough about blowers to choose one but i would imagine i couldn't go much over 8-9 pounds of boost. any comments or suggestions are welcome :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

VibrantRedGT said:
What other mods do you have? Those injectors are too small with a blower, heads, cam, exhaust, etc. You have the X cam in there right now? How does it idle?

as far as Mods go thats it...I don't have the proper mass air meter so with the X cam and 24 pounders when I stop the car it surges and shuts off. are the wedge heads good with a blower? LOL as you can tell I don;t know a whole lot about computer controled cars. What it boils down to is i want to go as fast as I can with the $5,000 I have to spend.

The reason I asked about the X cam is because it's got an LSA of 107 which is horrible for our cars. You will most likely always have surging because the car now makes less vacuum. The EEC is now trying to compensate. A custom burned chip down the road will help but don't do it until your done with everything (heads, etc.).