C&L Elbow
C&L Inlet Tube
C&L 80mm MAF
FRPP70mm Throttlebody
Underdrive Pulleys
Timing Advancer
MagnaFlow Catback
MagnaFlow Catted X-Pipe

If not, realisticlly what would I be looking at?

• Sponsors (?)

tjm73 said:
On a '98 GT

PI Heads (maybe port & polish)
Comp Cams (medium size)
PI Intake
C&L Elbow
C&L Inlet Tube
C&L 80mm MAF
FRPP70mm Throttlebody
Underdrive Pulleys
Timing Advancer
MagnaFlow Catback
MagnaFlow Catted X-Pipe

If not, realisticlly what would I be looking at?
I would say if they were p&p and the cams were a custom stage II+ than yes, throw in some headers and you'll have a beast! :nice:

WhiteDevil69 said:
I would say if they were p&p and the cams were a custom stage II+ than yes, throw in some headers and you'll have a beast! :nice:

Opps...Forgot the headers. :bang: Yeah I'd get those too. :nice:

I've toyed with the idea of maybe mixxing a big bore stroker in there too. Would there be any real measurable benefit to the Bullit intake?

I dont think that would make 300. It would make good numbers though. Dyno numbers are easy to manipulate too though. The bullit intake is probably going to be worth the money down the road. Porting and polishing isn't that large of a gain for the money. I have had my heads done and am not sure I would again. I have seen guys get like 8rwhp from P&P and being really mad when they got done. JMO.

I got 267.5 HP at the rear wheels with New Heads (stage 2), Headers, stage 2 cam, mac catted h, and exhaust.

The heads made a HUGE difference on my 96'.

I'm hoping for 300 with a plenum, throttlebody, cold air, and pulleys. You guys think can I get another 33hp? If not what else do you think I need to do.

:flag:

white_pony said:
I got 267.5 HP at the rear wheels with New Heads (stage 2), Headers, stage 2 cam, mac catted h, and exhaust.

I'm hoping for 300 with a plenum, throttlebody, cold air, and pulleys. You guys think can I get another 33hp? If not what else do you think I need to do.

No offense, but I would think you'd be much higher than you are. Don't those heads also raise your compression? I would also look at getting different cams! With heads/cam I would be pretty pissed not to get over 320rwhp. Granted you need some headers but I'd still think you'd be higher than that :shrug:

white_pony said:

who tuned your car?? with your mods and the future mods, you should be right there with the proper tweaking

320rwhp is a huge number. Its very difficult to do on a street car. I am not sure that I have seen any.

Jackie- I would also add long tube headers, and a chip if you don't already have one to make the most out of your mods. If you don't already have a chip you could easily pick up 15-20 hp or more with that alone.