Would You Guys Trade Your Fox For A Sn95?

I'm sure I'm in the minority here (and I'll probably piss some people off) but I think the 94-98 Mustangs are some of the best looking ever... with about a 1.5" drop and 1" rear wheel spacers of course. I've never cared too much for the Fox cars to be honest. To me they look extremely 1980's (i.e. didn't age well) and the unpainted bumpers are just awful (Dodge Neon, anyone?). Drum brakes and 4-lug axles are no-no's as well.

My favorites are:
1) Classic (1964.5-1973)
2) Coyote (2011+)
3) SN95
4) S197
5) New Edge (way too common, and often "riced":notnice:)
6) Mustang II (jumped-up Pinto IMO... not really a Mustang)

I'm also not a fan of convertibles, so what do I know?:rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

I'm sure I'm in the minority here (and I'll probably **** some people off) but I think the 94-98 Mustangs are some of the best looking ever... with about a 1.5" drop and 1" rear wheel spacers of course. I've never cared too much for the Fox cars to be honest. To me they look extremely 1980's (i.e. didn't age well) and the unpainted bumpers are just awful (Dodge Neon, anyone?). Drum brakes and 4-lug axles are no-no's as well.

My favorites are:
1) Classic (1964.5-1973)
2) Coyote (2011+)
3) SN95
4) S197
5) New Edge (way too common, and often "riced":notnice:)
6) Mustang II (jumped-up Pinto IMO... not really a Mustang)

I'm also not a fan of convertibles, so what do I know?:rlaugh:

Nah... You ain't going to piss anyone off. We're all here because there's some aspect of the Mustang that brought us here. :nice:

Reactions: 3 users
Always loved the '86 GT T-top, ...but as far as buying anything in the '90"s other than a Fox is nada. Ford cheaped out on all the interior trim and plastic yada and they all turn to crap quick. Almost saddens me how fords quality took a dive in production. Wouldn't buy another unless it was in the past couple years or so, but then one could get the 2015 mustang or even a stingray, that car's hot :nice:

I've owned every era mustang except the 74-78 Mustang II crapola box. Each one has it's own unique character traits- pros and cons and it is totally unfair to try and compare. It's kind of like comparing your first sweetheart to your present wife or girlfriend. At the time , they were the best thing you had.

The 1965-73 in today's standards are horse and buggy, but in shear raw power and styling are genius to this day
Fox body mustangs are the muscle car of the modern age that again to this day have a huge following- name one other car some 20+ years after production has new parts coming to market every year.
SN95s introduced the mod motor, 4 wheel disc brakes, refined interior, better electronics and engine management
The new edge mustangs gave us the terminator, mach 1, improved chassis
Sn197 made brought the mustang back to it's glory days with the coyote motor- with the best brakes, suspension ,interior ,and options ever offered since the 60s- shelby's, roush;s, saleens, boss 302

It's easy to have 20/20 hindsight to compare them all, and comes down to personal taste. For me, I'd take any 67-70 fastback, a fox body, or a 2011 and up Coyote powered Mustang. One thing we can all agree on though, any mustang is better than none at all.

Reactions: 3 users
Honestly, I got my fox because it was what I could afford. And then I fell in love with it. I would really love to have a 99/01 mineral gray cobra someday but I have never felt more comfortable in any other car than I do in my 87.

I think I'm real lucky. I always wanted a 4 eye and finally found one less than 5 miles away. For a northern car there was minimal rust and a descent interior. I would love to have a 93 cobra for a cruiser/show car but keep the 86 for my toy

I too owned a sn95 (2001GT) which I loved. If I could I would buy it back. That being said, I would lean more toward the 99-04 GTs than a 94-99. Cobras in either era were something I would consider.

They know our cars are far superior to their rebodied LTD's. Jealousy, plain and simple.

i_see_what_you_did_there-s480x360-228574.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I like my fox well enough but its not as tight as the 95. But it also doesn't have fresh suspension either and then there's the hatch that wants to rattle. I don't know a whole lot about the modular aftermarket but if you get like a '00 + you'd be comparing apples n melons I imagine on quality of car. I mean its 10 years newer for Pete's sake, surely you'd be getting more car for your $. If you get a 94/95 it'd be like comparing delicious red to Granny Smith, matter of prefrence like all have said. But w the 94/95 you'd be getting disc brakes, 5 lugs, etc. One more thing: people keep mentioning the '00 + models, u think you'd find a guy who wants a fox for an 02 gt anyway?

Anyone can say upgrade this or that over a Fox set up, but IMO, the car has to actually look appealing to me first :rlaugh:Then it's time to start adding any upgrades as needed. However if you like it drive it, but as with any in-style or outta-style fad, one morning someone may wake up to find their taste may have changed. I just feel that way more people have already had that morning of inspiration :D