Would you rather have a

347 stroker with an eagle rotating assy, aftermarket heads and cam, and intake, or a mild 302 with a kenne bell. The reason i ask is, i found a pretty new shortblock, but the CR is going to be to high for the blower. So i thought of buying the short block, selling the KB and my heads and stock cobra intake, and buying the aftermarket stuff. Any ideas, what does a good streetable set of heads/cam/intake run? I would like to keep my hp about the same as it is now, if possible.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, i priced everything from ford racing, for the shortblock, gaskets, head studs, injectors, waterpump and oil pump are going to run about 1950 to my door.
The 347 is $1200, used from a member on this board, plus shipping. So it should run right about the same. Do you all think it is possible to sell my KB and heads and intake(stock gt-40's and stock cobra) for enough to recoup the cost of heads and aftermarket intake and new cam? The blower only has 10K on it, and i reciepts from the install at Krazy Concepts in Portland. I didnt have the blower done, the PO did. I am torn, i really like my supercharger, and right now i am pulling down 20MPG with the car.
EDIT
KCK6894 Where abouts are you in WW? I work there, at Blue moutnain mall, imma recruiter.

Cobra_Dusten said:
Well, i priced everything from ford racing, for the shortblock, gaskets, head studs, injectors, waterpump and oil pump are going to run about 1950 to my door.
The 347 is $1200, used from a member on this board, plus shipping. So it should run right about the same. Do you all think it is possible to sell my KB and heads and intake(stock gt-40's and stock cobra) for enough to recoup the cost of heads and aftermarket intake and new cam? The blower only has 10K on it, and i reciepts from the install at Krazy Concepts in Portland. I didnt have the blower done, the PO did. I am torn, i really like my supercharger, and right now i am pulling down 20MPG with the car.
EDIT
KCK6894 Where abouts are you in WW? I work there, at Blue moutnain mall, imma recruiter.

why are you going to change? What kind of HP does the car make now. Heads will run you about $1000 for Trcik flow's figuer $500 for an intake and $300 for a cam. I would think you could get that kind of money from your used parts. Even with a pretty wild combo you can still get decent HWY milage as long as you have a good tune.

I work at Kelty Auto Parts. You should bring your car to the track this weekend. :nice:

kck6894 said:
why are you going to change? What kind of HP does the car make now. Heads will run you about $1000 for Trcik flow's figuer $500 for an intake and $300 for a cam. I would think you could get that kind of money from your used parts. Even with a pretty wild combo you can still get decent HWY milage as long as you have a good tune.

I work at Kelty Auto Parts. You should bring your car to the track this weekend. :nice:

The car made 333 HP last feb, but i am hoping for more with the new shortblock. The shortblock is very worn and has some pretty bad blowby. I am going to just end up going with my plan of near stock shortblock, rebuild the heads, and put it all back to together. Then trailer it to Krazy Koncepts to get it tuned, the PO never got it tuned after the SC install the first time. The car is more DD than race car, i just wanted something that would go fast on occasion, and it does.