Would you trade in a mach1 on a new 5.0?

To trade or not to trade...

• Do it!

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Keep the mach and add a blower!

Votes: 13 41.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is a dealer down here selling them for $24995. I doubt I will be getting one, but if they run the same special next year or so I see the wife in one.

Yea, I've seen a couple up here in NC for less than $30k, but they never have the options that I would want if I got one (Brembos, Shaker 1000, leather seats, HIDs, hood scoop, etc). I pretty rarely even see ones with the basic premium package (leather seats, interior accents, a couple small things like that). I priced one out like I would want it and it was over $37k. :eek:

Oh yea, OP. Just realized you have a SY Mach. My granddad has a screaming yellow Mach as well, with less than 20k miles. Beautiful color. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Agree with most of the discussion above, seems like the overall consensus is car payments are FTL. Keep with a good thing (the Mach), especially if it is already "just a toy".

If you really want one, save the money you would be paying towards a car payment now, wait 1-2 years, and use the money plus the mach to lay down a nice down payment on a low mile 5.0. :flag:

Agree with most of the discussion above, seems like the overall consensus is car payments are FTL. Keep with a good thing (the Mach), especially if it is already "just a toy".

If you really want one, save the money you would be paying towards a car payment now, wait 1-2 years, and use the money plus the mach to lay down a nice down payment on a low mile 5.0. :flag:

Ya, I have come to the consensus that even though I could get a base model 5.0 I would rather wait and get one that had more frills (at least the leather seats and maybe upgraded sound system) later on. Even though I did look on cars.com last night and found a couple new gt's in Georgia for around $27k!

A GT yes (dealer will whore you though) but a Mach no, just too special and especially since yours is paid off, with routine maintenance it should last a long while...My MACh is pretty well modded (with a little left to do like 4.30 gears and PnP intake work if I feel like I want some more power) so I def wouldn't trade my own for one but that being said I'm lobbying for my wife to buy a new 5.0 GT when she gets her MBA in another year and a half :p

I have an 03 GT and a 96 Mark VIII. I want a Coyote bad but I will not trade or sell either of my cars to help with the down payment. You have a car that is already paid off. Why get rid of it just to have another 5-6 years of payments? Anything could happen in a couple years that may end in you losing the new car. Where will that leave you? No new car and no Mach 1. Save 5 G's and use that as a down payment in the Spring or Summer. There are sure to be left over models that will go for cheap to make way for the 2012 models. And look at it this way, Summer is over and Winter is fast approaching. Why get the new one now when it's probably gonna get snowed on and rained on and you probably won't even be able to drive it as much as you want or the way you want? Wait until Spring or Summer and save your money in the meantime...

I admit I've had the same mumblings in my head as well Harrison. The Mach sometimes squeaks and rattles when i have the thoughts, how nice would it be to have a solid ride. But then we are creatures of modding and a 5.0 modded to the extent the Mach has or will have, the same squeaks would be there too.

I rather have the option to mod to my hearts content then to make payments and hold off.

How about getting a v6 with all the goodies for a DD? I may go that route as the Mach is just for the spring/summer.

I won't say who it is, but a fellow forum member just went 12.82@111mph tonight in his stock 5.0 GT with a 2.0 60ft, no seat time in a stick car at the track, and a bad DA. Quick cars! I'm sure he will post up later tonight.

Yeah, car is back. His is doing the movie night thing with the significant other so we can rip it up on our 300-400 mile road trip to the Texas Mile in the morning. We will have plenty of videos. :)

His car is really moving. Good driving for the seat time too.

If you can afford a new car and you want one then get it. Life is too short to not enjoy it a little. Who cares if your car is paid off if you want something else? That kinda fun ain't free. 5.0 FTW.

If this was 15 years or more ago I would have been stupid and sold my Mustang for another Mustang that hardly gets driven. Glad I'm past that stage in life. If your gonna do the same thing then save your money. Definitely aint worth it. You can get in just as much trouble with a 300RWHP car as a 400RWHP car.

There is a dealer down here selling them for $24995. I doubt I will be getting one, but if they run the same special next year or so I see the wife in one.

you are on crack man. there is no dealer anywhere in the world selling them for a loss. V6, yes. GT no way.

dude get the base model and mod it. keep the mach1 if you can. if not, once you feel the handling and power every day you will never go back.

lethal tune, filter, and offroad xpipe = 400-405rwhp when loosed up. for 850dollars.

I'd keep the Mach. I drove the new 5.0 when it came out, and it was indeed fast and "refined". However, I think it was too refined. It didn't feel like a muscle car... at all. I hate new cars. I dislike the lack of any mechanical feel in them. In a Mach, you feel the soul of the car. New cars feel so disconnected from the road, and that doesn't exclude the 5.0. And I think the New Edge is, hands down, sexier than the new S197. Mach all the way.

Not to mention I stomped a 5.0 a couple of weeks ago on the freeway... In Mexico.

I must say I am suprised at the poll results since this is the "4.6 talk" section...Overall I just figured there would be more "keep it" votes then "do it'' votes. I think I will just keep my mach and be happy with it for what it is and just save my coins for future mods (maybe a supercharger one day). Besides the fact that I realize how nice it is not to make a car payment every month, I would hate to make the payments on something I only drive 3-4 times a month like I do the mach. My dd gets most of the duty anyways.

I'd keep the Mach. I drove the new 5.0 when it came out, and it was indeed fast and "refined". However, I think it was too refined. It didn't feel like a muscle car... at all.

EX-FREAKING-XACTLY!

the new Mustang feels a lot more like a high-end luxury car than a Muscle Car/Pony Car...that's probably OK for Ford, but IMO it loses too much of the "soul" and really puts a big damped on the fun-to-drive aspect...it has become a very nice appliance and not a so much of a Muscle Car

oh and as for the votes...that probably has as much to do with people that don't own SN95s still posting here as anything else ;)