wow i need help

myfirstii

Founding Member
Feb 28, 2002
chicago,Il.
Well i woke up today all excited cause i was going to start putting in my new engine. Its been out for so long i just want to see it at least in the engine compartment. All i needed to do was install my flexplate that i got rebalanced from a machine shop. But guess what........ of course with my luck i ran into a problem. Only 4 of the 6 bolts will line up. no matter what position i have the flexplate in....at all times only 4 will line up. Its more than slightly off its enough where i cant get the bolts in. Is there a trick to this or is there something wrong with my flexplate. Is it possible that when i had it rebalanced to 50oz they warpped it??? :bang: :shrug: Any help would be great.
Pat

• Sponsors (?)

Hehe, just keep trying. There are two holes that are drilled off center, so you can only put it on one way. It will line up in only one position. Keep rotating it on the crank, until they all line up. Oh, and make sure you have it facing the right direction, it will never line up if it's backwards.

Wow i feel like a idiot...Ill go out and try it right now...But i have one more question, in the book HOW TO REBUILD SMALL BLOCKS by Tom Monroe. It says that im suppose to use a load spreader, it goes on after the flexplate and its used so theflexplate doesnt crack when you torgue it down, but i dont remember anythign like that when i took my original engine apart. Do i need one??
Pat