Wow im not even that south jersey...

Lets see.. In New Jersey I have:
3 Tracks within 1.5 hrs of my house, 2 within 45 mins(Island, Atco, Englishtown)
Beach(For those of you in landlocked states, trust me, it's fun)
A golf course and a horse farm right down the street.
Ahhh.. What am I bothering for..
I have the turnpike 4 minutes from my house, hence it must look like the beginning of the sopranos.
:shrug:

my fiance's grandparents live right by you! im like a half hour :nice:

I don't even like Jersey that much, but when you live here, the Jersey pride comes automatically. It sucks in alot of ways but 99% of the people in this country dont realize that less than 10% of the state could even remotely be considered "septic system" worthy, and that ignorance will always cause me to get defensive about where I live. There may be alot wrong with this state, but I do like my area.

I have 3 farms on my road alone. I have one neighbor and a huge lake across the street. The nearest freeway is I-84 and its 15 minutes away, the Turnpike and Parkway are over 40 minutes away. 2 of the largest state parks in the state are in neighboring towns. You can't go very far in the summer without smelling cow manure. My county hosts the NJ State Fair, which in actuality is the Sussex County Farm & Horse Show...agriculture and horticulture with some equine stuff and with a carnival/vendors on the end. The nearest mall is almost 40 minutes away. This is about what 75% of my entire county looks like, save for a few sprawling towns:
View attachment 368268
View attachment 368270

:rlaugh: noticed that failed inspection as well!! Register as a "collector car" and you wont have to go through inspection again.. Did that with my coupe :nice:

Didn't realize so many of your guys were from Jersey!! Im in TR exit 82 off the parkway :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

I live in South Jersey right outside of Philadelphia. It is congested as hell around my way. I live in Washington Twp, right where the AC Expressway starts. Just like strtrcr50 I have to drive like a half hour to get that farmland stuff. I actually like where I live aside from the fact that every idiot with a somewhat modded mustang has to rev their engine at you when they drive past you.

I'd have to drive 15-20 mins for that.. That looks like when I lived in hillsborough. I see you failed inspection. :lol:

We also include road rage in our driver's ed training here. :D

Haha, I didn't take those pics, they were taken by my buddy Mike from the drivers seat of his 82 GT. I just got home from some errands and drove right down that very road you see in the pics. Just for ha ha's, here is a pic I took over the winter from my bedroom window with my phone...
View attachment 368257

And since im really bored, Ill post more random pics :p

Found these guys in our back yard...
View attachment 368260

A nice shot with a view of the side yard and culvert...we got alot of rain...
View attachment 368262

I think this makes for a nice front lawn ornament...sure beats the 4x4 camaro!!!
View attachment 368264

And one from my ex-gf's house...she has a farm...2 towns over...
Captured2006-7-2900011.jpg

A heads up for the NJ people. I just got this in my email.
NJ is starting up a 30 day speeding ticket rally. From what I hear, every trooper assigned to this has to hand out 1 ticket every 10 to 20 minutes. They will be focusing in and around this area so watch out.

Here's what a New JerseyState trooper sent:

Starting today, New Jersey will launch a 30 day speeding ticket frenzy.
The state estimates that 9 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets. 1 million will go to pay state troopers' overtime. There will 50 state troopers on duty at all times patrolling the 9 main intersections and highways. They are the following:

I-295 north and south
1-95 (Jersey Turnpike) north and south 1-80 east and west
I-287 north and south
I-78 east and west
1-195 east and west
1-280 east and west
Rt. 130 north and south
Garden State Parkway north and south

I'm warning everyone now that 5 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every state trooper is supposed to pull a car over and write
a ticket every 10 to 20 minutes. They have issued 30 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria cruisers and are bringing in all of their part timers on full time. If you work in NJ, NY, DE or CT you will probably take one of these highways. It's up to you how fast you are going when they clock you.

101.5 FM confirmed all of this. So be safe and don't forget speeding tickets are on you. You've been warned." Then the same friend, emailed me the following:

Driving Ticket fine increase in NJ:

Starting on August 15th, the price of a ticket for violation of NJ Law39:3-29 (failure to show your driver's license, registration, or insurance card at the time you are stopped) is going from $44.00 to $173.00. Please make sure your vehicles have the proper documents in them.
If you jump in the car to run to the store and forget your wallet with your license in it and you are stopped.... Oh well... you just spent $173. And the fine for not having all three documents is $519!!!

Forward to people in NJ, and let them know of this change. And be careful, the fine for hand held cell phone use while driving will be going up to $180.00.

You know I have seen this construction sign on the GSPW by my house (exit 82) and it says that there is basically going to be a speed trap for the next 10 miles (north of 82 on both sides) i haven't seen much yet.. and i was crusing on the parkway tonight i better watch it! Thanks for the heads up!!! :nice:

It "is" very diverse. You have Mts, beaches, and Manhattan all within a few hours of each other. I love the Manhattan part, but ever go into the mts? Theres swarms of biting bugs pestering you, poison ivy all over the place and deer tics just WAITIN to give you lyme disease!

Ever gone for a hike in Colorado? How about the PNW?? (PDX) None of these things.

And the beaches in jersey are dirty and over crowded. Like I said. Its L>I> 25 years ago!

It "is" very diverse. You have Mts, beaches, and Manhattan all within a few hours of each other. I love the Manhattan part, but ever go into the mts? Theres swarms of biting bugs pestering you, poison ivy all over the place and deer tics just WAITIN to give you lyme disease!

Ever gone for a hike in Colorado? How about the PNW?? (PDX) None of these things.

And the beaches in jersey are dirty and over crowded. Like I said. Its L>I> 25 years ago!

I live in the mountains, High Point (highest point in NJ) State Park is less than 10 minutes from my house. I will take the bugs and wildlife over sprawling concrete any day of the week. Its a very damp coastal state, of course bugs will be more plentiful than up in the thin Colorado air.

A heads up for the NJ people. I just got this in my email.
NJ is starting up a 30 day speeding ticket rally. From what I hear, every trooper assigned to this has to hand out 1 ticket every 10 to 20 minutes. They will be focusing in and around this area so watch out.

Here's what a New JerseyState trooper sent:

Starting today, New Jersey will launch a 30 day speeding ticket frenzy.
The state estimates that 9 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets. 1 million will go to pay state troopers' overtime. There will 50 state troopers on duty at all times patrolling the 9 main intersections and highways. They are the following:

I-295 north and south
1-95 (Jersey Turnpike) north and south 1-80 east and west
I-287 north and south
I-78 east and west
1-195 east and west
1-280 east and west
Rt. 130 north and south
Garden State Parkway north and south

I'm warning everyone now that 5 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every state trooper is supposed to pull a car over and write
a ticket every 10 to 20 minutes. They have issued 30 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria cruisers and are bringing in all of their part timers on full time. If you work in NJ, NY, DE or CT you will probably take one of these highways. It's up to you how fast you are going when they clock you.

101.5 FM confirmed all of this. So be safe and don't forget speeding tickets are on you. You've been warned." Then the same friend, emailed me the following:

Driving Ticket fine increase in NJ:

Starting on August 15th, the price of a ticket for violation of NJ Law39:3-29 (failure to show your driver's license, registration, or insurance card at the time you are stopped) is going from $44.00 to $173.00. Please make sure your vehicles have the proper documents in them.
If you jump in the car to run to the store and forget your wallet with your license in it and you are stopped.... Oh well... you just spent $173. And the fine for not having all three documents is $519!!!

Forward to people in NJ, and let them know of this change. And be careful, the fine for hand held cell phone use while driving will be going up to $180.00.

I now officially retract my statement. I hate you, New Jersey. Go straight to hell, you and your money-grubbing government

I now officially retract my statement. I hate you, New Jersey. Go straight to hell, you and your money-grubbing government

This is the kind of stuff I was referring to when I said there are things about the state that suck, we have alot of corrupt politicians squandering money and creating hell for the residents. They have to enact stupid taxes and do things like this with the police and fines so they can make up some $$ where the douche leaders in this state screw up. Jon S. Corslime, Governor.

It is a very pretty and diverse place once you get out of the NYC and Philly metro areas!!!

Huh.. Another democrat gets voted in and taxes and fees go way up. Who'da thunk it??? Corzine is a liar and I certainly didn't vote for him. As far as this State Police thing goes, I'll just do the speed limit for a month. NJ can't afford to keep that up for long. If they try it on 295, that may be the straw that broke the camel's back. I thought it may have been our governer getting caught doing 90 in a 65.(Wonder if the trooper got double fines and points for speeding in a 65) How much you want to bet the idiots of NJ vote in another liberal democrat again and then wonder why nothing gets fixed and everything gets worse.

lol troopers are why i take route 35 rather then the parkway, got one ticket just about a year ago stung me bad too 250 beans, There is a 4 x 4 station wagon by a house i was working at in Staten Island, and thats a part of nyc no matter where you go your always abound to see crap

I just got a ticket on Route 42 on my way into Center City Philadelphia. It ended up costing me $450 because I went to court and had to pay the $250 "surcharge". I've seen some kind of 80s Caprice or something driving around the Deptford area with like 24 inch rims on it. It looks totally dumb.

i like to take state routes rather then parkway or tp, the cops imo are better to deal with then the state troopers. Just on the way home i go through old bridge hazlet keyport union beach sayerville aberdeen and middletown to just name a few so i pass quite a few cop cars a night, ( they got unmarked taurus' and silverados late model lincolns etc. ) still rather deal with that then the parkway and the state troopers.

I don't even like Jersey that much, but when you live here, the Jersey pride comes automatically. It sucks in alot of ways but 99% of the people in this country dont realize that less than 10% of the state could even remotely be considered "septic system" worthy, and that ignorance will always cause me to get defensive about where I live. There may be alot wrong with this state, but I do like my area.

well said...why the hell do you think it's called the "Garden State"...maybe cause there's a lot of farms? :shrug:

I love it here and wouldn't trade it for anything!!!

I'm not that well traveled around the country, but I've been to every state in the Northeast more than a few times, and all of them down to florida, plus California & Nevada...nothing really in the midwest or south.

I wouldn't trade living in NJ for anything...the beaches are awesome, fun summer time activities, and anything you could possibly want.

I'll take some pictures from 12th st in LBI...then you'll see true NJ beauty!