Wow...just wow..

Tell your friend to pay up, take responsibility for his lack of driving skills, quit being a cheap little ***** and pay the man his money. I see his parents left out a couple lessons. Probably explains his driving.

• Sponsors (?)

It is none of the guys business what the guy spent the money on or if he was using that money towards that same vehicle! It is plain and simple, you do the damage and you pay up regardless of the circumstances. Peoples lives change daily, there is absolutely no reason that guy should have been forced to keep the Camaro his supposed friend hit if he wanted a different one just because he was nice enough to let his supposed friend make payments and not turn it in to insurance. I can't even believe there are people in this thread suggesting that someone should be able to get away with not paying back a friend that did him a huge favor. Wow indeed.

No it doesn't matter what he spends the money on. A few months ago some girl backed into our Blazer. Just a dent above the rear wheel and some scratches. I was estimated at $1,154 to repair. Her insurance company asked who I will have fix it and I said I will not be repairing it and to just cut me a check, I have other things I could use the money for. So they did just as I asked, handed me a check for the damages to do as I please with. Same scenario, your friend can go blow the money on dirty prostitutes for all it matters and the other guy has to pay up. Even if cops got involved and went to court and the car is long gone, they will make him still pay up.

No it doesn't matter what he spends the money on. A few months ago some girl backed into our Blazer. Just a dent above the rear wheel and some scratches. I was estimated at $1,154 to repair. Her insurance company asked who I will have fix it and I said I will not be repairing it and to just cut me a check, I have other things I could use the money for. So they did just as I asked, handed me a check for the damages to do as I please with. Same scenario, your friend can go blow the money on dirty prostitutes for all it matters and the other guy has to pay up. Even if cops got involved and went to court and the car is long gone, they will make him still pay up.

Same thing happened with my dad's new car. A lady backed into his front bumper just a couple weeks after he bought the car. Estimated cost for repair was around $1000. Her insurance company sent my dad the check, and my dad says, "Eh, it don't look so bad." So he spent the money elsewhere.
And honestly, I'm really surprised how many people don't think this guy should pay all of the money he owes. I hope none of you back into my car and short me on the damage you caused.

The guy in the truck caused 1100 dollars worth of damage. I don't see how that is hard to comprenend. Where he spends the money and what he does with it is his personal business. What he did with the car is his business too. Even so he probably got less for it than what he could have before for those that still think there is some justification to not pay up.
Kevin