Wow that sucks.

The Green GT

No 13 year olds are safe around me.
10 Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
Louisiana
Well it has been raining over here nonstop for over a week and my dad has a pond with a levee around it and a bayou behind the levee. Well it flooded earlier this week and the water rose about 3 feet. But last night it rose almost 5 feet and two of my stock tires floated away. :mad:
The boat is also gone, for the second time. Im wouldnt be suprised if the boat sunk this time, and my wheels are prolly somewhere in the bayou, but I migh tbe lucky if they floated in the neighbors pond. And one fo the ones that floated away had a brand new tire on it.

Now I have to burn up a good tire since I have one old tire and one new tire left.

Oh well.

• Sponsors (?)

Therian said:
I think the word 'levee' is soon going to be matched with 'failure'

that sucks dude. at least it's warm though...it's hailing here right now and is 2 degrees celcius :mad:
Well the levee didnt break, the water just went over it.

I bet we have even more trash fish in the pond now.

Doesn't the Chevy (not Ford) go to the Levee?

I've never been to your region (I have wanted to for some time) so it sounds kinda funny to hear about stuff like this (like how everyone apparently has a pond and chit floats back and forth between them. :rlaugh: ).

Good luck finding parts.

HISSIN50 said:

I've never been to your region (I have wanted to for some time) so it sounds kinda funny to hear about stuff like this (like how everyone apparently has a pond and chit floats back and forth between them. :rlaugh: ).

Good luck finding parts.
Im not really worried about finding them. Although I wish the two ones with old bald tires would have floated away instead of one of my good ones. Atleast I still have 2 wheels to put slicks on.

I was looking for them today and I foud all kind of crap in the pond. A trashcan was floating in the middle, the dead tree we stuck in the middle when we dug the pond had floated up. I would have loved to have seen how far it shot up out of the water when it broke loose.

I might get my white rubber boots and go exploring later. I dont think it will matter if I wait, if they are in a place where they can float away, they already have, it they are beached (or bayoued) then they will stay.

You can see all the pecans here. They all floated and went to the water line. They are super easy to pick now, but with all the standing water, mosquitoes are rediculous. And all the ants trying to get out of teh water stay on the pecans.
View attachment 429104
The pond is about 40 yards to the right.

HISSIN50 said:
That's crazy. Gotta love mosquitoes and ants. :notnice:

Looks kinda purty out there though. :nice:
Yea, its nice. He has an old rusted out '68 Chevy Apache 10 truck with a 327 by the shed. It was his first truck. Its usually nice this time of year, but the rain messed the pond up pretty bad. Im sure the fishing wont be that great this year.

HISSIN50 said:

Good luck finding parts.

Chevys go to dry levys ford parts find the over flowing ones....

Adam95GT said:
Chevys go to dry levys ford parts find the over flowing ones....
My dad has an old '68 Chevy Apache 10 on the levve. It was his first truck. Im thinking aboput taking a pic of it and putting "I drove my Chevy to the levee but it broke down and is still there"

xr8d302 said:
i really need to witness "bayou's and levee's"

we don't see'em up here....
Me too. It's one reason I always wanted to see that part of the U.S. Around here it looks like Ayers Rock most of the time. :D