Engine Wrench light?

Discussion in '2005 - 2009 Specific Tech' started by GTconnor08, Feb 23, 2013.

1. GTconnor08

GTconnor08 New Member

Hey guys, i had a wrench light come on my dash when i was driving to college the other day. I accelerated from a stop sign and let off the gas and was coasting and then the wrench light came on the dash. Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong? The car is a bone stock 08 mustang GT automatic with 26k miles on it. Any help would be great, thanks. -Connor
  2. earleys94gt

earleys94gt Active Member

It's basically a "Maintance Required" light, oil change, service interal etc..
  3. GTconnor08

GTconnor08 New Member

My manual says its the "electronic throttle control" light, it also says that the vehicle will go into "limp home mode" until the issue is resolved. I have 26,000 miles on the car, if it was a maintenance light im sure it would have come on at some point before. I appreciate the input though.
  4. gearheadboy

gearheadboy Mod Dude

It serves several purposes if I am correct. Tire pressure monitor etc.
  5. RMB427R

RMB427R New Member

Did the car drive sluggish while the light was on? If so, that would be Limp Mode as mentioned about. Once the car is shut off for a while, the computer will reset itself and you should be good to go. It happened to me when I hit the throttle while the cruise control was on. It occured that one time and never happened again. Hopefully you'll be in the same boat.
  6. GTconnor08

GTconnor08 New Member

Well im not sure to be honest, i pulled off into some neighborhoods right after the light came on. I was only driving at 15mph but it felt the same. I shut the car off and restarted it and it was gone, i just worry that i have an issue brewing up. Maybe it was a fluke though, i guess ill find out. Thanks for the help.
  7. FordCustSrvc

FordCustSrvc Member

Hello GTconnor08,

I recommend you have your vehicle diagnosed at your Ford dealer. Your Service Manager is in the best position to look into this for you. Let me know the outcome.

Deysha