WS6 VS 07 stang

mattstang2007

Jun 7, 2009
Alright guys i know most dont like bench racing but me and my buddy are stuck here in afganistan. All we do is talk ****, so i am asking you what you think the outcome would be between a 2001 ws6 with slp air box, with a k&n air filter., Flow master catback also hotchkiss susupension and sway bars. agianst my 2007 gt i have the following mods:

C&L intake with brenspeed tune
ceramic coated bbk longtubes x pipe and boom tubes
aluminum drive shaft
Under drive pullies
hurst comp shifter
nitto 555 with 18 fr500
panhard bar
lowering springs
lower control arms
all this assuming we are equal drivers of course

• Sponsors (?)

Street racing, most of the time , who ever leaves first wins. At a drag strip things change. A stock 07 GT runs 14.0 and a stock WS6 runs a 14.01 just a touch slower. Now, do stuff to either one, and those times change. You came to a Mustang site so I'm guessing you are looking for some Mustang support. Well, You have it from me. And when you here that "ting" in the middle of the night. Hit the dirt, Nothing good will follow. 4th inf div recon.

Street racing, most of the time , who ever leaves first wins. At a drag strip things change. A stock 07 GT runs 14.0 and a stock WS6 runs a 14.01 just a touch slower. Now, do stuff to either one, and those times change. You came to a Mustang site so I'm guessing you are looking for some Mustang support. Well, You have it from me. And when you here that "ting" in the middle of the night. Hit the dirt, Nothing good will follow. 4th inf div recon.

ehhhh? A friends bone stock 02 ws6 m6 which also has the ls6 intake such as the 01 does went 13.0@108 on street tires which they have dipped into the 12.80's STOCK with the right driver at the right track...my 07 gt went 13.3@104 with just an axleback...it depends on driver but from a roll he'd pull on you as my friends 02 z28 pulls on me with minimal mods and his has gone 12.7@109 through the 4l60e to my current 12.9@107 (minus the 4.10s which the car had 3.31's for the 12.9 run)...In a nut shell it'd be a good race IMO.

:flag:

I should do an lsx swap in the s197 just for fun :shrug:

Alright guys i know most dont like bench racing but me and my buddy are stuck here in afganistan. All we do is talk ****, so i am asking you what you think the outcome would be between a 2001 ws6 with slp air box, with a k&n air filter., Flow master catback also hotchkiss susupension and sway bars. agianst my 2007 gt i have the following mods:

C&L intake with brenspeed tune
ceramic coated bbk longtubes x pipe and boom tubes
aluminum drive shaft
Under drive pullies
hurst comp shifter
nitto 555 with 18 fr500
panhard bar
lowering springs
lower control arms
all this assuming we are equal drivers of course

Here's the thing, catbacks on the F-bodys does a lot because they replace a restrictive Y-pipe and a restrictive muffler, actually pretty much every piece of their exhaust is restrictive. They also get a significant amount of power from the lid and filter, and that 01 has the ls6 intake on it for a few more ponies. My best guess is he has 320-340 rwhp.

My guess is you have 310-320 rwhp, which I think is close enough to make it a drivers race. What kind of tires does he run?
Dan

Well guys i wont lie i am a bit dissapointed that there is a question about it being even close, guess i was expecting alot better/more out of these mods! guess i will definatly get the 4:10 gears then i will call it quits with the mods for a while!!