WTF! Car Science destroys a fox GT

93project

Apr 21, 2009
El Paso, tx
Just finished watching car science pn DiscoveryHD and they decided to test the "Shot a car and it explodes" theory on a "jalopy" "Beater" car, which was a blue over gray fox gt, wearing pony's and other assorted cheesy wheels. :mad: Body was clean and a peek under the car shows some flowmasters bolted..... :bs: why they would choose a car like that instead of an old dodge caraven baffles me.... I've seen project cars on stangent that start off in worse shape than this poor gt...

YouTube - Bill Davis on Car Science - Gas vs. Guns.mp4

• Sponsors (?)

Just finished watching car science pn DiscoveryHD and they decided to test the "Shot a car and it explodes" theory on a "jalopy" "Beater" car, which was a blue over gray fox gt, wearing pony's and other assorted cheesy wheels. :mad: Body was clean and a peek under the car shows some flowmasters bolted..... :bs: why they would choose a car like that instead of an old dodge caraven baffles me.... I've seen project cars on stangent that start off in worse shape than this poor gt...

YouTube - Bill Davis on Car Science - Gas vs. Guns.mp4

I think I remember that this was already covered a few weeks ago. I don't remember whether or not I replied, so you'll have to excuse me for :dead: if I did.

My take on their car choice is: So what? :violin:
A mustang in hollywood is a beater.
When these guys typically trash hundreds of thousands of dollars of exotic sheetmetal for .......effect, blowing up a car they got for under 5k was a no brainer throwaway.
I said in my last reply to this topic, that it all depends on your perspective, and what you are willing to trade as "acceptable" in exchange for your entertainment.
The fact that they blew up an old mustang only manages to piss off a relative few when you look at the entire cross section of viewers watching that show. (There were probably Chrysler minivan guys whooping it up when the thing went up. :rolleyes:)

The greatest car chases ever filmed almost always trash the cars involved, w/ the most famous one resulting in a completely totaled 1968 390GT fastback. (Bullitt)....Nobody seems to care though that a classic was destroyed in that one, cause the entertainment was worth way more than the car.

Millions of these cars were made from 87-93 and I hate to see one blown up as much as the next guy. However, I'd rather see an ass-ugly GT hatch get shot through the gas tank with a .50 cal and explode than see some ass clown slap altezza lights on it, a running pony rear window decal, and carve cutouts in the GT rear bumper for tail pipes to stick out through. All of which are much more common than Hollywood blowing one up on screen.

Millions of these cars were made from 87-93 and I hate to see one blown up as much as the next guy. However, I'd rather see an ass-ugly GT hatch get shot through the gas tank with a .50 cal and explode than see some ass clown slap altezza lights on it, a running pony rear window decal, and carve cutouts in the GT rear bumper for tail pipes to stick out through. All of which are much more common than Hollywood blowing one up on screen.

Wishes stangnet had a "like" button like facebook....

Because that is exactly how I feel!

In all reality. They really didn't hurt the car at all.

But Car Science? Really? This show sucks. It's a crappy knock off of a good show called MythBusters. And they already covered this.

This show = Joke.

Ill give it one or two seasons max. Also, I want to punch that annoying commentator in the face.

well, I see your points about my "cryin".. I just don't like seeing foxes get trashed as they are becoming Unicorns where I live. I see only 2 in my area. :( well.... two that count. 302 LX and a gt, the oher 3 or 4 are old 4 bangers asking for a a rebuild.

I saw that episode about a month ago, I noticed they put duct tape over "Mustang" on the rocker panel, I guess they did not want you to know what they were blowing up.