WTF is the Deal with Clarkson

I will say that, stock for stock, the 350z will take the Mustang in the corners. (But now I can tear 'em apart with my suspension mods and better tires!)

I will still say that stock for stock a mustang will take a 350Z at the drag strip.

The argument always changes when driver skill is brought into the equation. Variations in driver skill is always a given. A good driver in a Mustang GT can outpilot an average driver in the 350Z at the road course too. That doesn't mean the 350Z isn't a better handling vehicle. However, I am reasonably sure we are agreeing overall.

Either way we have totally hijacked this thread, and started another 350Z/Mustang GT debate that has been argued over and over and over and over. Bottom line :Track:

We are now :OT:

In the end Clarkson is a kind of shock jock for automotive journalism, and he is undoubtedly successful at it. He riles up Americans that take offiense to his opinion of American cars as if American cars reflect who we are personally. Which they don't. Yes a Euro speedster like an Audi RS4, for example, is a generally superior car to the American Mustang GT, but I don't want a RS4. I want my Stang, and that is all there is to it.

I used to get irritated by the stuff Clarkson said too, but then I took a step back and looked at what he is trying to get.....ratings and money. And for his field he is doing a good job of doing both. Look at how many threads and discussions he has generated here on stangnet. In fact, if it wasn't for stangnet, I may not have learned who Clarkson was in the first place. So it just shows his formula is working, kudos to him.

Yes he gets the details wrong, but that should help people keep perspective on who he is and what he doing, and not get worked up about what comes out of his mouth.

• Sponsors (?)

With American TV ripping off so many UK shows, why can't they get this one right! :\

I'd love to see a "Top Gear: USA" show where they get some over some-bearing a$$ to slam UKs cars lack of grunt and power. Ranting about big American V8s and torque. I really think it would be awesome.

Apparently the Discovery Channel is planning something like that. Here's an autoblog article about it (almost a year old though):

http://www.autoblog.com/2005/12/30/top-gear-america-in-the-works-by-discovery-channel/