WTF is this ?

stangz4life

Founding Member
Apr 8, 2002
tampa,fl
ok well i have been having issues with the fan going on and off so i finaly got the energy to investigate further well i went to unplug the connector that goes to the fan ,and this was installed inbetween it now i have no idea what it is what its for.i went to the auto parts store to see if i could get another one because one of the contacts are burnt.but it looked like that someone has installed this aftermarket wise.now it looked like the wireing harness was rerouted a diff. way so i was able to rerout it so i could actually plug dirrectly to the motor of the fan and everything seams to work just fine.(so the plug plugs into this and then it plugs into the fan.) ...:bang: damit i cant post the pic and i am having trouble resizing it .......ok i think i got 2 of them

Attachments

• Car Pics 001r.JPG
    Car Pics 001r.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 102
  • Car Pics 002r.JPG
    Car Pics 002r.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 76
  • Sponsors (?)

yea the plug from the harness plugs inot that and then it directly plugs into the fan motor ..so its a cercuit breaker..so will they give me a free replacement?and should i even replace it?..and thanks again on the replys and the pat on the back for the trouble shooting.

i think i am going to go by there tom. and see if they will replace it free of course. thing is that thing is so dam bulky and attaches right to the fan that it actually puts a lot of weight on it ackwardly i think thats why it shorted out and burnt one of the leads.well if they replace free i will put it on and maybe tie wrap it to take soem strain off of it.if not back the way it was made originaly i guess...oh yea on a side note if anyone needs a o.e.m key fob(alarm transmiter) let me know i work for a place that makes them for ford.

As an FYI (since this thread is attracting people with fan issues), I got sick of the fan stuff and went with a variable fan controller (from Brian Baskin at DcControl.com ) and the thing absolutely rocks.

It's totally variable - Mine's set to keep the car at 187*F (my stat is fully open at 183*F). The controller ramps up the fan speed as needed (or slows down if the car begins to cool off). No more of the on at one temp and off at another - the controller works on maintaining one temp (which is adjustable via jumpers or an optional rheostat - I got the rheostat so I could fine tune things from the cockpit).

It's a super slick unit if anyone gets fed up with the stock stuff.