wtf is with these new floating ads?

riceslayer302

Banned
Oct 3, 2006
CT
is anybody else getting the ads that float halfway down the page when you open 5.0 talk? REALLY ANNOYING

circuit city, firedog, and nintendo wii? come on seriously. the wii is ghey enough as it is i dont need a 6" wii flying around my computer screen every time i open a page.

• Sponsors (?)

I only get it when I get to the home page and I ****in hate it! They are driving me insane. Its like they trick you into clicking it when all I wanna do is get to 5.0 talk NOT go to circuit city!

I use Google Chrome and get zero pop-up ads (It might help they own doubleclick so they block their b.s. for Chrome users??). Never had a problem at stangnet, especially that Wii remote screenshot that LazerSVT posted in the other thread. I LOL at the Wii remote.

The site doesn't pay for itself, so the advertising helps to cover that expense. If it's really a big deal, please share your thoughts in the Feedback Area | Testing Zone.

Advertise all you want, but DO NOT impose upon my ability to click the Quick Reply box without being tricked into clicking a link to some stupid Circuit City ad! :fuss:

I agree, the advertising is perfectly fine and I find myself clicking one from time to time. But the dang pop up things are down right annoying and sometimes tick off the browser here at work. :D Makes it a bit easier to get caught goofing off at work. :D

If any of the powers that be care, personally I have never (and I never will) clicked on nor bought anything from any ad on any website that I have ever visited since 1999.

What's the big deal? Most modern mice come with a scroll button between the left and right mouse button. Just put your finger on it and scroll the page down. There aren't any threads listed that high on the page anyhow.

I hate the floating ads that move down the page and hang there for 10 seconds blocking everything.

The problem is that I get to the homepage and immediatly click forums and those stupid ads are there and I dont even know it so i end up clicking the link and its just annoying as hell. If I wanted to go to that website I would type it in my browser. They are driving me insane!