WTF made my engine "blow up"???

so why was my post so stupid? i mean it could still possibly be the rod, i said i was sry for making it seem like i was all cocky and knew what i was talking about, i didnt want to make it look that way, like i said before i was just trying to give my opinion, i never told him to take apart his motor and go straight to the rod

• Sponsors (?)

Oil & Water mixing = BAD

If you mix oil and water, the only way you can do that is blowing a gasket or physically breaking or cracking a head or block. I had a distributor advance spring break once and it put the timing over max. The result was a broken top ring that tilted on edge and the piston split the cylinder into the water jacket. Water doesn't lube worth a damn and it took out a rod bearing too. Water in a lifter will let it colapse and bang like heck too. Hope you just have a gasket cracked, but I'd be ready for bearings if you ran it long rattling like that.

OK, guys thanx for all the replies... just got back from work so i need to catch up. [I work too much :( ]
We turned the crank over several times yesterday and everything looked / sounded OK... did it by hand and turned it with the key (not fun if u forget to turn off the fuel pump lol) I'm pulling the block soon as I can get ahold of a cherry picker, I got an engine stand today. Soon as the engine is out I'll start stripping it down to determine the actual problem i.e. bearings, rods????? I'm thinking I'm going to have to get my block redone or get a new one and have it redone. I appreciate the offers on blocks which I may have to take up one of u on... we'll see..

Jo, looks like I might be goin with a 331 stroker, comp cam, afr 185's on my ported performer 5.0 intake... should be adequate ;) Might need the block though...

mob said:
so why was my post so stupid? i mean it could still possibly be the rod, i said i was sry for making it seem like i was all cocky and knew what i was talking about, i didnt want to make it look that way, like i said before i was just trying to give my opinion, i never told him to take apart his motor and go straight to the rod

The point is, you don't KNOW what your talking about. Personally, i don't post adivce, or answers to tech questions if i don't KNOW that my answer is the right one. You sound like your typing whatever is jumping around in your head, from whatever video's you have seen.. the poster is describing a chatter/ticking noise.. the video you are refering to had a very loud and obvious clacking/FUBAR noise, due to blowing a hole through his motor. Understand where we're coming from?