WTF My Damn Seat Broke

MadHandle8169

Founding Member
May 5, 2002
Brick, NJ
My car has been having issues lately with starting and other stuff so tonight I'm going to drive to my GF and I'm like please start. Thank fully it starts first turn so I sit up to adjust my shirt then lean back and my seat makes a snap sound then just falls flat back. ****ing Awesome, right? I can't look at it yet because it's dark and I have to lighting. Anyone have this happen to them and if so how expensive is it to fix? The only thing I have had to fix in the car in 2 years was the alternator and in the past month it's not running right, having trouble starting and now the seat broke. It's starting to piss me off especially being a poor college student.

• Sponsors (?)

This is what my pass seat was like when I bought my car. after taking off the trim I could cearly see the mechanism was shot. Others have ahd bolts fall out. I ended up going to a semi-local junk-yard (or automotive recycling center if you prefer) and bought another seat out of a 95 v6 car. The mechanism is easily swapped. I did it in about 15 minutes with both seats already on the bench. But you could do it with the seat still in the car. Cost me $35. the same part at the dealer is right around $100 i think.

What you have to do is remove all of the trim from the seat, then unhool and pull the fabric up on the top part of teh seat to get to the bolts for it. there are 4 bolts holding it onto the seat frame. not too bad to R&R.

Good luck.