WTF my mustang acting like a 4 year old

• Sponsors (?)

My car does the exact same thing!! When I shift into 2nd if I ease into it it's fine, then if I just nail it at about 2200 or so it will fall on its face and then take of like its got turbo lag or something lol. I've checked my ignition and have my buddy's distributor in there now (it works grat on his car) and I also have his computer which worked great on his car. I'm thinkin maybe fuel pump or injectors or maybe even a bad BAP sensor, I'm still speed density. My car does the exact thing you explained, down to doin after it heats up and everything man. Let me know if you figure it out. I dont have the money to go buy a new fuel pump, and then clean the injectors if the pump didnt fix it and so on....

well my car was falling flat on its face just as yours is... I hope that theres not something else that could cause it.. Do you have an adjustable fpr?? I was throwing 86 an 87 codes which both dealt with the fuel pressure an pump circuit...

Hey guys i got my module on the distributor tested and it said it was fine. what??? or maybe he didnt test it right. is there a certain way??? or is there something inside the distributor that is frigged up.

ill get a buddy to swap distribs tomorrow

well tomorrow i am going to change fuel filter, re-time distributor, and check the tps voltage (since i bought volt meter tonight as well with fuel filter).

i have no adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

the only codes i got were nothing about fuel pump or anything.

well slick88gt i have replaced plug wires, coil tested, o2 sensors, tps, and diagnostic and none of that has helped to fix the car so once i find this friggin problem ill tell you. i am just listing all the ****nit i bought that i thought would fix so it didnt fix it and if you dont have money then dont go out and do what i have done, because i have spent about $150 - $200 replacing ****.

the reason why i asked is becuase an oem distributor is $105 and i only have $225 left to spend on the stang before having to get a job for more money to fix car, but i want to fix car before getting job so i can have a car to drive back and fourth.

Charles, I really think that mine is fuel related, but I'm not sure. I need a bigger pump anyway so I may just buy one in a week or so. I think I'll swap my bap sensor with a buddy's and see what that does. I hate my car right now because of this so my motivation is a little low.

muhahahahahaHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

put the new distributor and timed it and holy fing ****zzniter this thing purrrs like kitty now. it has no back firing no misfiring it works perfectly. it idles perfectly. now i just need to put it back together and take it out on a run but i cant because i have a 9:30 curfew because of friggin probation. dammmnnn i want to drive it now. i am so excited. its finally fixed. its been a long time since this car ran this perfectly. maybe it runs even better than i bought because i remember that it had an idleing problem. damn i am just rambling on about nothing hahahahaha.

Well then I think you need a new distributor.

My car is doing something similar since I put the new engine in. I cant be sure what it is, but it has a miss at part throttle while I'm cruising. I used a JY distributor, so that could be the problem or I just dont have it tuned right.